(Possible) Hack: Wireless charging

kingoddball

I have a spare galaxy note 2 wireless charging bay and the sticker/connection pad which goes under case and onto
The two prongs in the phone.

Anyone think its possible to setup the Pandora to accept wireless charging?
Will this require software or just connect and place on pad?

I will try grab some photos now.

ehugaza6.jpg
e6edura2.jpg

QI charging base and sticker/connection pad + Pandora.

Is it possible to wire the battery to the pad and charge?

This type of wireless charging along with a cool docking station..... Nice.

ysydusy7.jpg

Flat/flush to the pandora base - might be too hard to wire in... Maybe with a flat connection or a "sticker" type connector. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
What does a voltmeter say when you mesure the two output terminals when the sticker is on the mat and the mat has been turned on?

Cool Idea,but takes that not longer to load the Pandora with that?
Other Question:
Does this Energy field not lower the Wlan connection while charging?

You can't just place leads on the battery and expect it to work properly.. for proper charging you would need to tie into the charging circuit, you would also need to wire it in such a way that it won't fry the Pandora if you are running the battery and charging at the same time, also you don't want to fry it if you plug in the USB or the DC jack.

The easiest solution is to just use the microusb or the DC jack, assuming it can provide the 5V and the current needed for charging.. but this obviously takes away some of the convenience of the whole thing.

Kingoddball, that wireless charging technology is the stuff I worked on this past simeater (and will again and in more depth next simester) for highschool as a pargnership with Texas Instruments. I can send you the contact info of the people that designed that very chip if you want.

What's the electrical output of the charging sticker?

Presumably the pad+sticker make up a coreless transformer of sorts (and a rectifier? smoothing caps? voltage regulator?)

Back