GP32 Porting

Twimfy

OMG 3 years here!
Website
www.stctg.co.uk
Having just grasped the basics of C++ and C in the process, I'm now willing to give back to the community. I was wondering if porting would be the easiest to way to start and if so what kind of port? I'm looking to try something ambitious and interesting rather than another breakout clone if anyone could point me in the direction of something relatively simple which hasn't been ported already then that would be useful. Also basic guidelines as to what needs to be adapted for the GP32 would be nice.

Bare in mind that I don't know and don't intend to know ASM.

Thanks.

dopewars! you could almost code that from scratch, actually. Very simple to code, mostly text, and quite a good intro project :) look it up...

I wish pocket tanks could be ported, but that would take some time, and since I can't do it, I won't beg others. :(

Personally, and it's just my opinion, I wouldn't reccomend porting to a beginner, because the original coder, often isn't the tidyest of coders, and it can be very daunting.

I would reccomend coding some of the project mentioned here from scratch, dopewars, pocket tanks, or a tron light cycle (snake) game.

I agree with Toris. You've only just got to grips with the basics of C, probably by looking at code written in a nice sensible way. The only problem is that most coders aren't nice sensible people, and C isn't a nice sensible language (there are about 20 different ways of doing most things in C, and usually all 20 are just as stupid as each other :))

I'll have a look at Dopewars, I just find coding easier if there is something there to begin with. I just change a bit see what happens and then repeat and rinse if nessacary.

This is a stupid question but is there a list of functions u can replace c++ with arm asm?

I can't code for crap but im just gonna stuff around with the source code of something and I'd like to replace some of it with ASM

If not then slap me silly and call me jane :blink:

Or send me to a site that would give me some example/explains it :)

:ph34r:

Back