Porting Of Rake In Grass Games

Tovy

Still Fresh
Hi,

We are a very small indie team Rake in Grass. We published about 20 games for Win/Mac/iPhone etc. platforms under Rake in Grass and our casual 300AD label. I think that it should be interesting to port for example our game Jets'n'Guns for GP32x consoles. What do you think about it? In case you don't know it, you can check the game page jng.rakeingrass.com

But we have no experience with the console(s) programming, so it would be nice to find anybody here who can port the game.

Regards,
Tovy

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking games.

Hard to tell about porting. What language are they written in and what graphics/sound libraries are used. If it's C/C++ and use a cross platform library e.g. SDL it may well be possible.

'Tovy' said:
But we have no experience with the console(s) programming, so it would be nice to find anybody here who can port the game.
Well, regardless of device (GP2X, WIZ, or Pandora), we`re not talking about a console so much as a Portable Linux device (which they all run, just on a different chip than x86). You already have a Linux port through LGP for x86 systems, no? A poster here indicated he is already doing some platform ports for x86 Linux games for LGP to the Pandora, but I believe he has done GP2X ports before. I`m not sure his availability at all.

One question: Did you mean to post this in the GP2X forum? I would think that the GP2X and even the WIZ would be under powered for Jets `n guns. I think you may have meant to use the Pandora forums. Just a thought.

Thanks for the response.

I was not sure where to post this thread, I thought that the best place was here :)

Yes, we ported the GOLD version of the game for Linux. This version resolution is 800x600 (so I think it suits for Pandora well).
Original Jets'n'Guns is in 640x480 (so it's better to port to 320x240), but we don't have any Linux port, but due to Mac OS X it is in OpenGL + SDL.

As I wrote I have no experience with GP2x/wiz and Pandora. But I'm going to buy them :)

Hardware wise, I think you might be limited to the Pandora. Of course I am only speaking from what I see, but it looks to have high requirements. As for a developer, you`re best bet is with the people you already have access to
(linuxgamepublishing.com) as they already have a dev familiar with one or more of the consoles here and already working on ports. Of course, that is only my opinion, since I am working off of the little knowledge I have of your games, the systems, and your relationships.

Someone here may respond that they can help, I cannot comment on that.

You might want to check this thread out for the Pandora:
CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=43659

Edit: I added some info.

Back