Portables For Roms

saint antuan

Still Fresh
Hi, i see in pc some portables with roms of neogeo, this is one exe with the rom and emulator, all in one, is possible make something like this in wiz? only one file with the game?

saint antuan; you can achieve this with Final Burn.

Install Final Burn as normal.

Now we need to make a '.gpe' file and define a script to run Final Burn and automatically load the game you want to run. As this is a simple one line script you can use any text editor such as notepad. Enter the following line into a text editor:
/mnt/sd/game/<Final Burn Directory>/fba2x /mnt/sd/game/<Final Burn Directory>/roms/<Your ROM>.zip

Assuming you've installed Final Burn to the 'game' directory replace <Final Burn Directory> with your directory name for Final Burn and <Your ROM> with the file name of the game you want to run.

Save the file as whatever you like with '.gpe' on the end instead of '.txt' and to the Final Burn folder (although you can put it anywhere on the Wiz, even the NAND).

You can add this GPE file to GMenu2x or with the standard menu system on the Wiz.

TitanUranus; this is not really pointless, some people want to run their favourite games without going through the emulator menus. If you can't contribute why bother posting? Do you think your blinkered opinion is really worth sharing when it's not delivered with any form of intelligent response?

I was actually wondering the same exact thing. Some games I play a lot more often than others, and instead of browsing to the emulator and down the list of roms in the emulator, this would sure be a short cut!

I'm going to be sure to save this topic in my favorites.

Happy New Year!!!!

Back