Portable Dreamcast

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site

I came across this. Does anyone know anything more about it? It looks too high quality to be a one-off mod. I bloody want one.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like a one-off mod to me. Not everyone makes their cases from old lunchboxes ;) .

Edit: The electronics equipment in the background probably means he built it himself, kay?

Like this one, And thought the name was appropriate too. :D

Edit: This one has a fully enclosed battery and seems to
be less bulky at the rear than the others.

Trooper

The first one has been analyzed to death on my portable console modding forum, ModRetro (forums.modretro.com). That first one has no batteries, and the console is no built into it. It is basically a DVD player screen with a controller built in, plugged into a dreamcast. Cool, but not portable. :(

palmertech said:
The first one has been analyzed to death on my portable console modding forum, ModRetro (forums.modretro.com). That first one has no batteries, and the console is no built into it. It is basically a DVD player screen with a controller built in, plugged into a dreamcast. Cool, but not portable. :(

Um are you sure? If you look at the other video of it, the disk drive is on the back of the unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfffft great analyzation there palmertech. :(
And those ones with the disk exposed are crazy. What would happen if you dropped the unit? What would happen if your finger brushed the disk mid-game?

Back