Port: X-moto

i know, but its still going to be demanding on some levels (the smoke and fire effects are what i mean) if those were out then it would be fine (luckily their only in a few levels) but thats what i was mostly getting at

I've no idea what makes the game so slow, there were games like x-moto for the amiga and even the ZX Spectrum.

Bad programming is the only answer.

craigix posted on Feb 13 2007 at 12:56 PM said:
I've no idea what makes the game so slow, there were games like x-moto for the amiga and even the ZX Spectrum.

Bad programming is the only answer.

it isnt that, it runs fine in most levels, its just the smoke and fire effects are really detailed and slow down my comp, it may have been my shatty comp, but they were still a pain, and yeah, it probably would be easy to remove them (if so, then yeah,i see no poblems in running it)

Last edited by a moderator:
It runs slow only on computers that don't have hardware OpenGL, and that's because it's graphic driver depends so greatly on OpenGL. On my (slowish) computer it runs perfectly when I have a hardware graphics card driver working and it runs like a slideshow when I don't. ;)

Sign me up for hoping this happens. I fell in love with X-moto after I installed linux on my desktop. It'd be great to have it on the go.

LordFu posted on Feb 14 2007 at 09:32 PM said:
Sign me up for hoping this happens. I fell in love with X-moto after I installed linux on my desktop. It'd be great to have it on the go.

Are there any developers around here?, I mean compiling xmoto + packages should really not be that hard.
The game will run just fine and if not there are many places to start enhancing the performance. I want to put more effort in tweaking the code but I need a co-developer to compile the gpx2 packages. It looks like there are enough people who want to play it.The xmoto team has made great improvements in the speed of the code in the 0.2.5 version.

greetings

Back