Port: Miro

CPUnltd

Source: http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/pculture.org/miro/src/

Description: Miro is a free HD video player.
It can play almost any video file and offers over 6,000 free internet TV shows and video podcasts.

Miro has a simple, gorgeous interface designed for fullscreen HD video. Since Miro downloads most videos, you can take your shows with you, even on an airplane. Quite simply, Miro is a better way to watch all the video you care about.

Best of all, Miro is 100% free and open source, developed by a non-profit organization and volunteers around the world.

I heard from someone that miro needs flash, and some other funky dependencies. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, it seems like it'd have heavier system requirements than the video players we have and may be too slow for most video.

Well, I said that, but it was from a first try. If anyone likes to attempt it and has the time, feel free to try!

I would also appreciate it if someone would get this to work. HighDef video may be out of the question, but maybe sd video would work. Who knows.

Sebt3 ported minitube. Maybe he is up to the job.

if miro DOES require flash, I wonder if it can be set to utilize the newest gnash (which has youtube functionality and I have personally tested such)... just a thought, I'm not savvy enough in such areas to know how crazy my idea might sound (or how impossible it might be)

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
if miro DOES require flash, I wonder if it can be set to utilize the newest gnash (which has youtube functionality and I have personally tested such)... just a thought, I'm not savvy enough in such areas to know how crazy my idea might sound (or how impossible it might be)
Reading the build instruction, there is no flash requierement. I didn't needed that to know, but I learned that they have get rid of their xulrunner (firefox engine) dependency.

mcobit said:
Sebt3 ported minitube. Maybe he is up to the job.
No, I'm not : I have no interest in miro ( Ok I don't use minitube either, but hey) and my plate is full of projects already and I'm not delivering much lately...
But I'll help anyone that want to try (no so hard)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back