Popular Music

How do you feel about the Music that is Popular nowadays?

• Total voters

DustinVgmaster

Still Fresh
I hate Popular Music, really. I mean, I don't hate it because it's popular. I just cannot understand why people like these songs so much anyway. (I really hate Ke$ha though. My Sister makes me listen to Her every time we get in the car.)

Take place in this Stupid Poll!

I like some pop music. But I guess it depends on what your definition of "pop music" is. According to the local stations, pop music is anything from rap to indie rock. That's a pretty large spectrum.

I don't like American Popular music, but I do like a lot of J-Pop.

I don't have a lot of time for people whose musical 'taste' does not venture outside of the to 20 charts. That said, I have even less time for people who claim to like classical because they think it makes them look sophicticated, or claim to listen to 'a variety of stuff' in order to make themselves sound diverse, open minded, or musically knowledgeable.

I tend to listen to any old random stuff (popular music is just repeated so much in public places/radio stations that i'm driven to loathe it). I just like music :) I remember sitting in Taxi cab in Tanzania thinking 'I really love this song, but I'm never going to hear it again in my life'.

Surely what's "popular" depends largely on what's liked amongst those who you associate with, though? :p

Ok, pedantry aside, I don't really listen to much of what's generally termed as "popular/pop music" - most of it just isn't my sort of thing. However, it bears mentioning that my sort of thing is generally video game music or stuff based thereon, which of course is generally not going to overlap with what sells to the mass-market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely what's "popular" depends largely on what's liked amongst those who you associate with, though? :p

Ok, pedantry aside, I don't really listen to much of what's generally termed as "popular/pop music" - most of it just isn't my sort of thing. However, it bears mentioning that my sort of thing is generally video game music or stuff based thereon, which of course is generally not going to overlap with what sells to the mass-market.
Well, you could take it to mean whatever is popular in your area or among your friends but whatever.

Also, I prefer video game music over other music as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I listen to everything from Bach to melodic death metal to chiptune to jazz to blues.. it's music that actually requires SKILL.

Anyone that has a pretty face can make a videoclip where he/she talks to a simplistic clap/beat that a toddler could make in fruityloops.

Back