Foreign songs/music videos (mainly Asian)

NssOne

I am One with the DarkNss
Website
www.gp32us.com
I just haven't gotten any sleep yet today, been up since about 11:30 AM yesterday and couldn't get any sleep for my morning class today and I'm still awake and can't fall asleep.

Anyways, today I downloaded an interesting music video offa kazaa titled 'H.O.T. - Music Video - Candy (Chinese)' and I must say it was rather hilarious the first time I saw it. The outfits and song and everything was just so kooky to me. I know this is a totally different culture I'm probably mocking it badly, but it was so weird to have finally seen a music video out of Asia. I mean, the video had the guys (well, I think it was a 5 piece group comprised of 3 males and 2 females) dressed in some kind of white, furry overalls and they were also wearing these bright colored shirts and pants. Well, personally, I'm not too fond of bright colors, especially anything brighter than jet black.

This video obviously made no sense to me considering I don't know fluent Chinese, but I just wish I could understand the meaning behind having the woman in the video? What, was she the token white girl that's in every music video period? I'm not kidding, this was a Chinese music video that had a white girl in it! Playing a somewhat semingly pivotal character in the video, though who she is supposed to be is unknown to me. Just an admirer of the group? I don't know. She's rarely seen in the video with the group except for a few small bits towards the end.

This song/video was super happy poppy (sounds kind of Engrish there) and it was so different to me. It maybe as a song wasn't that bad, not too unusual as a pop group song. I mean, I've seen S Club 7 before and they're kind of the same formula.

But anyways, anybody else seen some foreign music videos that are way different from anything you've seen in your own country? If so, think you could recommend a few for me to search for (preferably something that isn't normally seen in the U.S.)? I bet zboy has seen some incredibly different music videos out there in Japan, care to share, please?

Candy IS goofy, even when I lived in Hong Kong. I have about a million Japanese/korean music videos/music but none of that shitty goofy pop shit. Mostly, reggae, hiphop, and punk. I used to live in Hong Kong, but now Japan and frequently go to Korea (GP32 is hard to find there too!). If you want some, let me know. Don't expect bands like Cookies/MorningMusume though.

Maybe it was you I was thinking of and not zboy, I don't remember now. But anyways, cool, I really don't mind exploring the musical tastes of other countries. But for some reason I really don't mind J-Pop stuff. I've got this video by Aymui Hamasaki titled 'Fly High', and I'm kind of hooked on that song now.... But yeah, if you have anything to share and we can set up an exchange somehow, let me know.

Isnt the sample video from entware by the same group or titled the same?

I hope you see this again Octavius, because I'm serious about those Asian music videos. I'm having trouble finding any more (especially funny ones). And I just have a question, is it common to find sub-titles in those music videos. And if so, mind telling me why?

Back