Poker2x W.i.p.

Quiest posted on Jul 19 2006 at 02:30 PM said:
God thanks, n/l :D

I`ll bow before you for even attempting to make this game, thx! :)

Actually it is 10/20 limit in my text-beta :p I'm taking a break of the a.i. and at the moment it play very well with limit, but it has got some problem with no limit. So it just bets a value calculated out of a strange formula and it doesn't looks at how much it should bet to at the max. That's why I've got limit now.
But as I said, that's just like changing a variable to make it again no limit.

Looks like most people ( the one I asked outside of the forum ), myself and the people here like the first/last one. Since they're actually the same ( one for 5, one for 8 ) players, I think I'll stick with them.

Edit: For the red layout, it's skinnable, you can do one by yourself :)

Edit2:
spielfeldredzi9.png

That's probably the definitive layout of the playfield. It may look a little bit strange because all the text is cutted out, but the text gets blitted inside of the app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a short status update. My ToDo list just contains the following things:

- Map Gp2x buttons to actions.
- Create a menu and a theme/cards selector.
- Another cardset ( two are avaible at the moment, the one posted above and a 4-colored one ).
- Some backgrounds ( 7 avaible now )
- Maybe find another free true type font, the one now isn't totally perfect.

So expect a beta in the next days. After some beta testing, I'll debug the whole thing and then work on the ai. Something that never is finished.

Oh, just another small teaser:

splashys6.png

The splash screen of the game :)

Aaaaaaaaaah, I see there is a post about first release, but I can`t access it :( where did you put the download?

NoidZ posted on Jul 23 2006 at 05:00 PM said:
The archive has it. Can you add music/sound effect support in the next version? That would be great.

Thanks!
-NoidZ-

That would be very nice indded, Custom Music please (as in just drag and drop the music + sounds you want into a folder and it plays them).

Very nice so far!

I'll do that for sure!

Not sure about I should make some original music for it, I haven't got no idea which music would fit that theme. And also I'm limited to midi at the moment since I haven't got any recording equipment at my house and my prefered guitar ( 20 year old fender strat, sweet :) ) has got a electronical problem.

By the way, there's a hot fix for this thing coming to the archive, you may have noticed the flickering everytime you do an action, I accidently used the false kind of surface in the final release, so as soon as you see that the version of the poker2x game at the archive will be 'milestone 4 - HotFix 1' or something download it again to get rid of that.

There's also a post in the news waiting on a mod to allow the actual posting action. All discussion should be moved to there after that.

Edit: News thread is here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=30355

I had a quick play yesterday, and it seems to me like there's a lot of feedback I'm not getting. What were the other players' cards, for example? It seems like everything is moving a mite fast when it's not your turn. I even had trouble paying attention to whether I was winning or losing a round (though the -500 sum kind of tipped me off. ^_^)

Magnulus posted on Jul 24 2006 at 05:19 AM said:
It seems like everything is moving a mite fast when it's not your turn. I even had trouble paying attention to whether I was winning or losing a round

I agree with Magnulus on the speed, it is quite fast, and do you think it would be possable to put in messages for winning and loosing rounds.
On another note the game rocks and i will propably be making my own deck tonight but it is currently helping me through a long day of work.

Yep, ways to slow it down, or better said, a solution is posted in the thread in the news section. It would be very nice if you could move all the discussion to there.

The thread is located here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=30355.

And remember, if the gp2x won't load your custom deck, check about the last line in your config file is just empty, that will make the gp2x to recognize all the lines in there. Else it will skip the last one.

Oh, and nice that you'd like to do a deck. If you're happy with the results post it here or send it to me and I'll include it in the next release. And if you've got any questions about the formats or something, just PM me.

Back