Pocketstation By Sony

tom01997

Still Fresh
Hi just wondering is there any way (using memory card to ps3 usb adaptor) to transfer pocketstation roms from pc/ps3 to pocketstation. This way i don't have to buy a japanese ps/ps2. Or could i run a ps1 emu and transfer minigames through that?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get my Dexdrive to work with my Pocketstation, so what I've had to do is transfer ROMs to a PS1 memory card then use my PS2 to transfer the ROM to the Pocketstation. This works for any PS1 or PS2, not just a Japanese one; they're all capable of detecting a Pockestation like a memory card. I know PS3s are capable of detecting them on some level as well, although as far as I'm aware they don't work in conjunction with PS1 games ran on the console. So you might be able to use it to copy to and from them as well.

Chances are that other USB to memory card adapters won't work with Pocketstation either.. Dexdrive was always the old standby despite being old RS232.

OK so do i just drag n drop the .bin file to the memory card, then transfer it using a ps2? or do i need to use the actual ps1 game to transfer? also, where can i get good pocketstation roms? like crash bandicoot or ridge racer type 4. also, is there any homebrew such as pokemon? that would be interesting...

If you can copy the ROM to a PS1 memory card then you can transfer to a Pocketstation using a PS2, yeah.. it's the same as transferring between any other two memory cards. Sorry, I don't know anything about commercial Pocketstation games, except that talking about where to obtain them is probably technically against the rules. There is homebrew, I doubt anything as complex as Pokemon (which you probably couldn't do that well on a 32x32 display anyway) but simple stuff like Tetris is out there. Spend a few minutes on google and you'll find it.

Back