Pocketsnes Black Screen

The Blipi0

Still Fresh
Sorry if this had been addressed somewhere, i tried searching... i think a couple games have done this to me now but for this instance, playing FF3 after the first fight the screen goes black with just an fps counter in the top corner... any settings I should be changing?

This happens with "Emulation: Fast" in the SNES options. Change it to "Emulation: Compatible", save the settings and restart the emulator.If I remember correctly, this setting is related to sound emulation.

There is also a fast and compatible binary version of the emulator. If you have problems with certain games, it's also worth to try compatible instead of the fast binary.

The Caanoo Emu Pack shows how to create two game menu entries with only one emulator installation.

titlefast.png
titlecomp.png

Thanks again Yoshi, i'll try that.. this is all definitely a learning experience thats for sure, learning all the emulators little nuances.

cheers

that did the trick, i'll keep that other method in mind as well if i ever run into that problem with any other games

thx again

nice, i'll just bookmark that thread for future reference... i see that happened for Chrono Trigger as well, i'll rmemeber that as i plan on playing that after FF3 B)

Back