Pocketsnes 6.5.0 Prerelease Hd Video

Man, how does DaveC always end up with the GPH handhelds that clock lower than everyone else's..

My Wiz craps out anything higher than 760 mhz. However being stable at 760 in almost all apps is plenty of speed. Also my bettery life is around 5+ hours clocking that high. So that's fine with me for SNES.
This does look mighty promising. I was all smiles when I saw Axelay running at that speed. Also Super Mario RPG was a mighty nice surprise. Hope this comes out soon.

Were any of the advanced hacks being used in this video like ignore palette writes?

No, only sound hack.

The graphics are untouched, is like playing in a snes.

Rivroner said:
No, only sound hack.

The graphics are untouched, is like playing in a snes.
Good to know. Thanks for the reply and sharing the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
im searching everywhere for the compatible file ( the pocketsnes FX )...

i only have the fast pocketnes file . i dont have the compatible one.

where did you find the compatible one. i only have this file: pocketsnes_fast.gpe

thanks for answer

chickendung said:
It's good to see some improvement! I look forward to the release.
For anyone that has an account at gp32spain Pocketsnes 6.5.0 final is now released. Not sure if HoH is going to update it to the file archives.

geise69 said:
chickendung said:
It's good to see some improvement! I look forward to the release.
For anyone that has an account at gp32spain Pocketsnes 6.5.0 final is now released. Not sure if HoH is going to update it to the file archives.

The download thread:

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=68696

I hope it gets updated on the file archives, as not many of us are members of gp32spain, we all can't read Spanish!
We don't want another old version on the archive when there's a newer one elsewhere (eg. GP2Xpectrum), or a newer version that doesn't work (eg. Lemonboy)
Cheers, Neil

Just used it, it's great. I can clock to 800 (haven't tried going past yet) and everything I've played is smooth. Even if there is slowdown from transparencies I really don't notice a big hit at all. Awesome stuff, now to play through Seiken Densetsu 3 (already put two and a half hours on it).

Awesome stuff. =)

Neil L said:
I hope it gets updated on the file archives, as not many of us are members of gp32spain, we all can't read Spanish!
We don't want another old version on the archive when there's a newer one elsewhere (eg. GP2Xpectrum), or a newer version that doesn't work (eg. Lemonboy)
Cheers, Neil

You don't need to read Spanish to download it this time. He has posted a link that does not require you to register. Just look for the blue underlined font! ;)

Now, on to try the new version, specifically Killer Instinct and Mario RPG! :D

Excellent release. Mario RPG is playable, although not one of my favorite SNES titles. However, overall emulation has improved greatly, and the menu is completely smooth.

Rivroner said:
Not all the games will benefit of this, but in Super Mario KArt the improvement is like 10-15 frames.

I think it improved just enough (ugh, ~12fps) to make the landspeeder stage (stage 1) playable. I finally got through it after upgrading, anyway. :)

I don´t know why but some pal version games runs smoother than NTSC ones.

Super Mario Kart is always running at 50 fps in PAL version.

Rivroner said:
I don´t know why but some pal version games runs smoother than NTSC ones.

Super Mario Kart is always running at 50 fps in PAL version.
I could be wrong, but the reason pal games are working faster might be because of the speedhacks .dat file that is now implemented. It could be wanting to call up a pal from for the hacks, so if you're using a U or J version that is NTSC it won't use the speed hack.

No no , i am talking about snesfast launcher (this launcher is no using speedhack) and in games like Super Mario Kart or Super Metroid you can see like 6 frames better in PAL game.

I see it's up on the archive now. :)
Here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,37

A quick question while I'm here, could this emulate the Super GameBoy?

Cheers, Neil

Back