PND Maker

rabidpoobear

Website
www.lukevp.com
just started on this. Is there anyone with a Pandora that can get on IRC or PM me and test out a pnd for me in the next 30 minutes? want to make sure my app isn't building nonworking PND's.

you can check to see if the PXML and icons are correcly appended to the PND file by uploading the file to my test website, it will check this for you. http://op.liquidfists.com give it a try and let me know.

it wont tell you if the game actually runs though but will check PXML for missing info ect even if its appended to the pnd binary which it needs to be.

you can check to see if the PXML and icons are correcly appended to the PND file by uploading the file to my test website, it will check this for you. http://op.liquidfists.com give it a try and let me know.

it wont tell you if the game actually runs though but will check PXML for missing info ect even if its appended to the pnd binary which it needs to be.
Is this an open invitation Milkshake? I might have a go at packaging some up myself in the next couple of weeks.

yes you may, the site is in development at the moment, potential improvments to be made... but it should validate your pnd's pretty thoroughly.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you may, the site is in development at the moment, potential improvments to be made... but it should validate your pnd's pretty thoroughly.
it says nothing is appended to binary...

i'll check what's going on when ig et home.

does this support squashfs filesystems?

as well as all the files including the PXML and icon file being in the squashfs image (pnd file), the PXML.xml and icon need to be appened to the end of the pnd binary once squashfs has built the image, first apend the PXML then append the icon.

then give it another try :)

my site does not extract the pnd image in anyway! it only checks the appended files - they need to be appened as part of spec so OS can read it really quickly for desktop and menu related things.

Last edited by a moderator:
as well as all the files including the PXML and icon file being in the squashfs image (pnd file), the PXML.xml and icon need to be appened to the end of the pnd binary once squashfs has built the image, first apend the PXML then append the icon.

then give it another try :)

my site does not extract the pnd image in anyway! it only checks the appended files - they need to be appened as part of spec so OS can read it really quickly for desktop and menu related things.

well i did a

copy myapp.squash+myapp\PXML.xml+myapp\icon.png myapp.pnd

on windows.

maybe my syntax was wrong.

well i did a

copy myapp.squash+myapp\PXML.xml+myapp\icon.png myapp.pnd

on windows.

maybe my syntax was wrong.

im sure it should be this on windows (it is on windows 7 anyway)

copy /b myapplication.pnd+PXML.xml

then

copy /b myapplication.pnd+icon.png

im sure it should be this on windows (it is on windows 7 anyway)

copy /b myapplication.pnd+PXML.xml

then

copy /b myapplication.pnd+icon.png
Yes, you're quite right. the instructions in the pnd quickstart do not seem to do what they are supposed to do. I'll change the innstructions on the wiki in a few hrs.

Back