.pnd files and their categories.

H

hakmanplayer

i have pandora/appdata/menu/games.

My different game categories are : Arcade, RPG& Adventure, Action, Strategy & Puzzle and Sports.

When I download any .pnd file it goes exactly in the right category.

How does this work? This still amazes me. :blink:

Responses would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

hak.

There is a standard for application categories on the desktop. Whenever a programmer creates a PND, he assigns the proper category in the metadata (pxml.pnd) file inside this PND. This file is read to automatically place the application in the proper category.

There is a standard for application categories on the desktop. Whenever a programmer creates a PND, he assigns the proper category in the metadata (pxml.pnd) file inside this PND. This file is read to automatically place the application in the proper category.
I see....so it's already in the script.

Thank you.

didn't think it was magic. ;)

Very interesting. Guess I should have looked in the Wiki/Pandora section before I posted.

So if one was to use .ovr file and override .pnd it makes things more personable?

I am not sure what would be the advantage?? ; creating own icons?

Very interesting. Guess I should have looked in the Wiki/Pandora section before I posted.

So if one was to use .ovr file and override .pnd it makes things more personable?

I am not sure what would be the advantage?? ; creating own icons?
The main advantage to .ovr files is to chang the CPU speed for different programs. It's the only reason I've used them. I think it's possible to override the icon, but I've never tried.

Some games end up in the other section, it would be handy for those to create a ovr file. I myself cant be bothered although it is annoying.

I use ovr files for the odd pnd that pops up in "other" and also ive renamed all my emulators to things like PSX Emu, N64 Emu, and I have midori set to web browser, pidgin to messenger, claws to email,

saves people asking which one to use,

These days, use minimenu to set up an ovr file -- it lets you pick from your categories, or make new categories, and will edit/create the ovr file for you. Doing it by hand ... bah :)

Caine or someone -- edit the wiki and put a note in there, that with HF5 or later, minimenu can itself do this work for you; eventually we'll have an editor up for mmenu and xfce, but right now mmenu can do it all by itself, and save you the work.

jeff

Back