PND File-System not mounted

Todespreis

Hey there! I have some weird issue. My Pandora crashed, after the battery moved a bit. It did'nt boot after that. Like not at all, so i reflashed the OS. Now my touchscreen does'nt work. And when i try to recalibrate it, it shows me the message in temporary data, that the pnd file system is not mounted. I kinda like the idea, that the system says, hey dude, there is some issue, i wrote everything down for you. But i don't understand, what to do now

Small note. I'm trying to reflash the 1.76 version of the pandora OS. And the results are: u-boot is missing, kernels are missing and u-boot environment is empty. That sounds not right

My Pandora crashed, after the battery moved a bit. It did'nt boot after that.
Can you explain this better ?
What were you able to see ?
I suppose it was still powered, or else you shouldn't have been able to try the reflash.

I'm not quite sure how to explain. But one of the main provlems of Pandora was, that the battery could move a bit back and forth, when you shake your device, because it does'nt fit in properly. So i think, my pandora lost it's connection to the battery just for a second and turned off. Just a moment later it turned in again and immediately started booting again. But it stoped at 95 percent. I tried to turn off the pandora, but the power switch did'nt work. I removed the battery and turned the device with power supply on, but again it stiped booting at 95 percent. So i looked up in the forum and someone said, it happend to him, too and he ended up reflashing his pandora. So did i. But now my touchscreen does not want to work. I can't decide, is it a software or a hardware problem

I would try to reflash a Second Time.
Maybe something on your Nand is not okay.
Or maybe you can try a OS from SD Card like Slackware for Pandora.

Then you can be shure that it is no Software Error.

Here is an old Thread with older Version of Slackware but the Images are easy to install and for a quick Test they should work.

You can also boot the internal SuperZaxxon OS from an SD card, and that should give you a more stock experience than running slackware on it. I think there are some instructions on the wiki somewhere about it, but it's a long time since I did it myself.

Back