Plug & Play Megadrive/Snes components

Sound like a scale2x implemented in hardware... Nothing your emulator cannot do for you

If you're on the Europe side of the pond and your TV has a SCART socket*, the original RGB scart cables for each console should be much the same, if I'm reading their blurb correctly.

*RGB enabled, one usually is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm... What's the difference to existing RGB cables, except for the RGB to component converter (which is inexpensive to build anyways)

Also, the SNES in Europe doesn't have RGB output... So no out-of-the-box solution exists...?

Seems more for USA console users who missed out on RGB Scart but now have component inputs they can use instead.

Sound like a scale2x implemented in hardware... Nothing your emulator cannot do for you
Looking at the pictures, it doesn't do anything like that... It's just a standard RGB to component conversion...

Seems more for USA console users who missed out on RGB Scart but now have component inputs they can use instead.
Aaah... Okay :)

Makes sense - I was already using RGB since the mid 90s :)

Makes sense - I was already using RGB since the mid 90s
Yeah RGB component video caught on in the US just a little bit prior to HDMI coming out..  I have a TV from 1999 that has this feature, but most people didn't back then. 

Ummm... What's the difference to existing RGB cables, except for the RGB to component converter (which is inexpensive to build anyways)

Also, the SNES in Europe doesn't have RGB output... So no out-of-the-box solution exists...?
Are you sure about the SNES ?

I remember using my SNES scart cable on the Gamecube and quality was much, much better than the included Composite cable.

I think the SNES and Gamecube are capable of RGB scart output, it is the european N64 that doesn't support RGB.

Back