Please Set Flood Control Interval To Lower Value Than The Current 20 S

porg

To the forum managers!

Could you please set the forum's flood control interval to something below 4 seconds (instead of the current 20 seconds)?

The shorter the better for me as a user, but at least to a value, which ensures proper usability first, but secondly still provides the server stability (prevention of DoS, meta-search-engines, etc) or traffic reduction or whatever other purpose this limitation shall achieve!

Otherwise searching is really lame for me, heavily discouraging the principle of "search before you post", hence resulting in more redundant posts!!!

FYI, I am solely using the Pandora forum sections here at gp32x.de

Thanks for your attention!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the best idea setting the value to that low, because the whole purpose of "flood control" is to prevent accidental double/triple posts, or too many posts by the one individual at a time.
So, 20 seconds is reasonable if you ask me...more than sufficient.

Use google for searching
Code:
site:gp32x.de

Sony, he means search flood control, not post flood control. :) It annoys me sometimes too. But the site has enough issues under load, so it's probably not such a good idea to add more.

As per a previous thread I started, I think searching could be fixed on this site if the quick search box searched titles only, and returned results as titles only. It's almost useless the way it is.

SONY said:
Not the best idea setting the value to that low, because the whole purpose of "flood control" is to prevent accidental double/triple posts, or too many posts by the one individual at a time.
The strange thing is, a lot of times the forum will neep at me about flood control after I've already posted 2 or 3 times accidentally. Makes me wonder what good it does.

But for searches, yeah, no the search function here is terrible. I can't even find that one post dflemstr made about wxWidgets by searching for "wxWidgets". But it's the first result on Google's site: search for 'wxwidgets'.

1. Please lower the search flood control interval!
  2. Please set the quick search to titles only!
  3. Temporarily I will use Google with site:gp32x.de and with intitle: or inurl:

Xian Long said:
jeez man it takes like 30 seconds more to do an advanced search for titles only
I think the idea is to lighten the load on the database.

Back