Please Recommend Games

Mosch

Reeks of fish
Website
Visit site
Well, see topic. I thought it would fit here best. I never owned an Atari or even used one, but I've been hearing good things about it. I had an Amiga, and I was told several games were released for both platforms. Actually, there are some amiga games I always loved, such as

Traps'n'Treasures
Chaos Engine
Waxworks

Now I'm wondering if they do exist on Atari. Could someone help me out (and i it's allowed and not too much hassle, maybe even point my dumb in the direction of those roms ;))? Also, as I have no idea at all what was released for Atari, I would really prefer some help in choosing... I particularly like RPGs, so, are there any recommendable ones? Thanks for all the hassle with an Atari-noob like me ;)

A bit off topic, but I realised something yesterday. I hardly know anything about Atari the company or the games it released. And I have an Atari T-Shirt.

Which, I'd like to add, I lost my virginity in. That's hardcore:)

blipped4 posted on Feb 22 2004 at 03:35 AM said:
I think the atari is just a boring system, Personally.
:eek: BORING :eek: <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
blipped4 posted on Feb 22 2004 at 03:35 AM said:
Blimey you're looking to get flamed with comments like that mate. I was an Amiga fan but since owning a GP32 I can appreciate the ST was a decent system. There's more games on it than you've had posts. :p

blipped4 posted on Feb 22 2004 at 04:35 AM said:
for once i actually agree with the guy. The only good game for it is speedball.

Chaos engine was released on the ST. Also check out swiv, sensible soccer, cannon fodder (also on snes), smash tv, shadow of the beast. Currently trying to track down project X the best side scrolling shooter ever, forget any of the r-type's, this is the daddy!

Mosch posted on Feb 20 2004 at 10:25 PM said:
Well, see topic. I thought it would fit here best. I never owned an Atari or even used one, but I've been hearing good things about it. I had an Amiga, and I was told several games were released for both platforms. Actually, there are some amiga games I always loved, such as

Traps'n'Treasures
Chaos Engine
Waxworks

Now I'm wondering if they do exist on Atari. Could someone help me out (and i it's allowed and not too much hassle, maybe even point my dumb in the direction of those roms ;))? Also, as I have no idea at all what was released for Atari, I would really prefer some help in choosing... I particularly like RPGs, so, are there any recommendable ones? Thanks for all the hassle with an Atari-noob like me ;)
Hiya,

>Waxworks

>Now I'm wondering if they do exist on Atari. Could someone help me out (and i >it's allowed and not too much hassle,

Unfortunatly Waxworks wasn't released on the Atari ST however you can play Elvira and Elvira 2 which were done by the same people.

Adios,
Matt

Heyy how comes no one has mentioned DUNGEON MASTER....

Man that game rules, I never played it before I got my gp32. you can download it legally (?!) from skeezix hompage along with CaSTaway

Atari ST is definately not boring, it's not as straightforward as the other consoles which are emulated, but there is plenty that it can do that others can't. I'm hanging out for the chatboard so you can really push it's limits

Check out all the bitmap brothers games, Gods, Magic Pockets, and of course Speedball 2 (seems to be quite a favourite round these parts... oooarr)

Can anybody tell me please, where can i download all of the (A-z) atari games disk images on the web ?

The North and South game has BAD sounds with the Castaway+ 13.2 version !!!!
BUT on the compatibility LIST i've read'n : AUDIO emulation is at 100% !!
what a bullshit.

Back