Please Fix My Gp2X Power Voltage Converter!

tony2k2

Still Fresh
Please fix my gp2x power voltage converter.
I buy the power supply on ebay then i plug in the gp2x convert and turn on nothing showing no green light. here the link where i buy from http://cgi.ebay.com/New-3-3V-2-5A-AC-Power-Adapter-For-Game-Console-GP2X_W0QQitemZ170374391059QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDigital_Camera_Accessories?hash=item27ab1ae513&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14. The battery working fine. IF nothing work i would like to sell my gp2x for 50 dollar.

If it doesn't work, wouldn't the first thing be to contact the seller? How do you know the power supply isn't duff?

Squidge said:
If it doesn't work, wouldn't the first thing be to contact the seller? How do you know the power supply isn't duff?

hello

I buy 2 power supply now and none it working. I think it the power convert but how do i fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello

Well i already buy the cradle,tv cable and 16 gb sd card but i can't use the adapter it hard to play and waste 40 dollar for both adapter. I do not know how to fix that part it hard to fix. Can someone fix my gp2x i will offer 20 dollar please help me i spend 100 dollar on accessory for gp2x already.

Wait - are you saying the gp2x WORKS with batteries but does NOT work with the AC Adaptor?

Then it's definately NOT the LTSK. If the LTSK is defective, the gp2x won't work with currents below 3,3V (so batteries won't work anymore).

Changing the LTSK is not easy, I've done it a few times, but it's very easy to completely break your gp2x doing that (you need to be good at SMD soldering).

If the gp2x is still working with batteries but the AC Adaptor doesn't work, you should check if actually the adaptor isn't broken.

And be sure to ONLY use 3V with polarity TIP - and mantle + with your gp2x - otherwise, you CAN destroy the LTSK!
Also check that the adaptor outputs at least 1A with 3V.

tonyluan said:
I buy the power supply on ebay then i plug in the gp2x convert and turn on nothing showing no green light. here the link where i buy from http://cgi.ebay.com/New-3-3V-2-5A-AC-Power-Adapter-For-Game-Console-GP2X_W0QQitemZ170374391059QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDigital_Camera_Accessories?hash=item27ab1ae513&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14. The battery working fine. IF nothing work i would like to sell my gp2x for 50 dollar.

Hrm.. I think you should use a official Gp2x power supply (which says 'Made in Korea' and have better quality) next time. The gp2x power supply sold on ebay are mostly non-genuine stuff.. and also, sadly, I better mention some game distributors or sellers sells non-official Gp2x accessories like power supply.. which its easy to get ripped off..
My suggestion, use clean Energizer NiMh batteries instead imo, its better than risking your gp2x with a power supply which could void your warranty..
Btw: EvilDragon, Do you know of any shops that still fix the gp2x LCD issues? my Gp2x f200 LCD have a few ghost timing lines, using CPU/LCD/RAM Tuner V.2.0 to tweak the LCD timing kind of solve the problem, but not completely
or could you fix them? :)

I try keep switch all new battery but i keep get a rainbow screen when i try turn on the gp2x.
Please help! Also the power supply it over way hongkong how do i know it bad and where can i go buy a new power supply that maybe work or not!

Coolbros2X said:
Oh.. o_O ok, this problem sounds like my old gp2x f-100 (rainbow screen on LCD) :blink:
and yes, I used a non-official gp2x power supply before, and that really damaged the f-100 LCD quality..
I thought it was official until I saw the bottom writing on it.. its not produced by the GPH company
Sadly the GPH company don't produce the official Gp2x power supply (which is 'Made in Korea' version) for the old gp2x F-100 or F-200 anymore. (its seems discontinued, even the official Gp2x tv out cable accessory!!) :(
I think your best bet is to find a trustworthy seller on eBay or Yahoo auctions, sometimes they pop up, if you are lucky :)

HI

How do u fix the rainbow problem and how do i know the power supply it fault because it a good ebay seller.

tonyluan said:
I buy the power supply on ebay then i plug in the gp2x convert and turn on nothing showing no green light. here the link where i buy from http://cgi.ebay.com/...d=p3286.c0.m14. The battery working fine. IF nothing work i would like to sell my gp2x for 50 dollar.
If you live in the UK then you could buy this multi-voltage adaptor. I have 2 of them for the GP2X-F200 and the GP2X Cradle which works flawlessly with no issues. Be sure that you use the correct configuration for it otherwise it'll fry the voltage converter.
sad.gif

Tag5 said:
tonyluan said:
I buy the power supply on ebay then i plug in the gp2x convert and turn on nothing showing no green light. here the link where i buy from http://cgi.ebay.com/...d=p3286.c0.m14. The battery working fine. IF nothing work i would like to sell my gp2x for 50 dollar.
If you live in the UK then you could buy this multi-voltage adaptor. I have 2 of them for the GP2X-F200 and the GP2X Cradle which works flawlessly with no issues. Be sure that you use the correct configuration for it otherwise it'll fry the voltage converter.
sad.gif

how do i fix the rainbow problem and how do i know the power convert it broken or the power supply it fault.

I`m 99.9% sure that the rainbow effect is down to using a NON regulated power supply. I really suggest you check to see if
it is a regulated power supply you have, If it isn`t, I strongly suggest you seek one out.

Recommended power supply:

Regulated
~3.0 - 3.3 volt
1.0 - 2.0 Amp (more depending on usage)
Centre NEGATIVE polarity
powerplug-negative.jpg

Trooper

Back