Playstation

bast is the man, listen to him.
lemme add that TSOP flashing is also a cool free alternative. all the power of a modchip for people that don't wanna buy one :D though you'll need lotta knowledge, time, bit of skill and some extra (cheap) tools..sometimes. this is best only for pre 1.6 boxes, though.
i used to roll TSOP only, till i had to get a modchip for live(couldn't split/install switch). softmodding is easy and free too, and i'd recommend it to newbies easily. there's no way you can go wrong...unless you can't read and follow simple instructions :lol:

edit:
bottomline, if you want a standalone emulation machine, then get an xbox. it's cheap, easy hacking, and many emulation options. we all have a dreamcast, and we've all played around with dreamsnes and the like, but you know those just don't cut it! even a stock xbox with its 8gig harddrive is enough for emulation freaks. <- another thing, you don't have to shell out $$$ on an extra harddrive if all you care for is running emulators! and if you don't mind playing off disks, then you never have to upgrade your harddrive.

later!

I usually avoid recommending TSOP flashing since this is the one that CAN be screwed up pretty easily and end up in a dead Xbox... whereas softmod mistakes are usually very easy to recover from IF you manage to mess up in the first place.

yeah its like I been saying stock Xbox HD is PLENTY for emulation... DC emulation is only for the non-picky or for people who only want NES and SMS :p (blatant exaggeration but you get the idea)

Hook your PC up to your TV (or don't) and hook up a real good controller (if your too poor for a controller and have a GP32, it makes a good controller, or if your like me, a keyboard does the job just fine).
:)

Back