Playstation Classic - Inc 20 games

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
You knew it was going to happen.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-classic/

Sony-PlayStation-Classic-Announcement.jpg.optimal.jpg

American date format never fails to irk me.

20 games is really paltry. Hopefully it will be moddable, and at least come with Crash Bandicoot and Silent Hill

Playstation isnt that interessting for me as Mini Version, as the MINI NES and MINI SNES,
Also i have still my PS2 Slim that works pretty well whit PS1 Games, and i bought me lots of PS1 Games some multible "2Monthstm) Cycles Ago,
And PSXReamed on the Pandora works perfektly..

If they made the PS1 classic more open by allowing it to load ROMs via USB or via Internet and maybe enhancing the graphics by some hardcore post-processing... Then it would have been awesome even for 100€/$! But the current version sounds lame

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

where is the gp32 classic? I demand gamepark to reunite and release a gp32 classic asap...

On a more serious note: I can appreciate, that if marketed right, you can sell any kind of crap. But I don't understand the "insert-random-console-here" classic hype. I wish they'd release something historically more relevant. How about a psx development toolkit classic? With optional usage of usb mass storage, a manual and the chance to develop a playstation homebrew game to see how developers did it back in the day? That would be cool. Similar idea for snes classic. How cool would it be to learn from official sources what was necessary to make a game on a classic cartridge console.

I don't like these classic consoles. Seems like a waste of material to me. I'd rather put down a few more bucks and get a used CFW Vita.

Why would they use the original controllers without analogue sticks - is that for the true classic feel or just being cheap?

this is the controller they need... GT and GT 2 were so much fun with this.... i still have it too!
twist for steering.. buttons I and II are analog....

Yeah, I had a Negcon, and it was pretty sweet, I never used it all that often, but the design was amazing.

I don't like these classic consoles. Seems like a waste of material to me. I'd rather put down a few more bucks and get a used CFW Vita.

Why would they use the original controllers without analogue sticks - is that for the true classic feel or just being cheap?

Well, the PSX didn't have analog added to the controllers until Ape Escape was produced, which was awhile in to the systems life. So most games that will be offered here, are likely not even to use or support analog controls. So as is, this is very accurate to how the PSX was originally offered(classic).

As for this classic system in general, it seems OK in the same way the "N" offerings did. I would probably never buy this for the price offered, but it may be worth it depending on what it may do over time(hacking, etc).

Chris

According to their website, they've announced it'll come with FFVII (which I can't be arsed to play through again, but that may be just me), Ridge Racer Type 4, Jumping Flash, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms. Oddly, every single one of these seems to have different art to the PAL versions I'm more familiar with; but they the ones I've checked at least do seem to be the legitimate US coverart.

That's not a bad initial selection off the bat (excepting FFVII). I've not ended up with a copy of T3, only T2 and IIRC the game's not much different but the end game videos are a whole new level of crazy. I've got and I love R4, and I never got round to getting Wild Arms; it's an RPG, right? Jumping flash is the wildcard for me.

Controllers are USB, if they work on PC the price is worth it for them alone. I'm using the controller that came with my original PS1 with a USB adapter on my PC, still works great. For PS1 and down I don't miss the analog sticks.

Games they need:

Crash Bandicoot
the Lunar games
Resident Evil 2

Those are the only games I would really like to see. I'm sure it will be hacked and any game can be added but since they aren't going with strictly Sony titles they might as well include at least Crash and the second Resident Evil. The Lunar games might be a stretch but I'd love them!

i use my PSP for most PS1 games now.. GT or GT2 would be a must on the classic for me. i also used a PS1 to USB adaptor to play my PS1 games using epsxe on the PC.

Firstly i was impressed too but..
....hey we have PSX Upsacling with Enhanced Grafics on all our Pandoras :)

So i have Playstation Mini ...and they are portable too :p

Thx to @notaz here for our perfectly Playstation Emulator on the Pandora.

The only Problem is we do not have HDMI on the Pandora.

It is possible to produce a Pandora DisplayPort Cable/Adapter with HDMI but it never happend in the Past.
:)

Firstly i was impressed too but..
....hey we have PSX Upsacling with Enhanced Grafics on all our Pandoras :)

So i have Playstation Mini ...and they are portable too :p

Thx to @notaz here for our perfectly Playstation Emulator on the Pandora.

The only Problem is we do not have HDMI on the Pandora.

It is possible to produce a Pandora DisplayPort Cable/Adapter with HDMI but it never happend in the Past.
:)

Of course, the Adapter is called "Pyra"and will eventually be available by the end of 2018 ;)

Back