Platinum Pandora screen issues and postal confusion?

gyuben

Still Fresh
Just looking for some help as I am starting to worry. I ordered and received a platinum pandora 512mb and it worked wonderfully for a week. The screen started to flicker with a green/purple tint and the display just cut out altogether depending on how I angled it. So I discussed possible issues with ED, had a look inside to see if the LCD cable had come loose and couldn't see anything amiss. I have since sent the pandora back to ED via tracked and insured mail and I can see from the tracking number that delivery was attempted last Monday. The tracking info has remained the same since then, with no one rearranging delivery or collection. I paid for the shipping and was advised that I would be refunded for this at some stage. I can't say I am too bothered about that at the moment, I just don't want it to come back without being looked at and have to pay out again :( No response to any emails (1.08.2012) since I sent it back the tracking number etc so I believe I am right to be worried. I am aware that the OP team are extremely busy and I wanted to avoid posting on here, just really fed up right about now!

the OP team are extremely busy

There's your answer ;)

Indeed, they are extremely busy with shipping the 1Ghz units and other things. I believe ED is presently at some manner of gaming event, too, which probably wont help!

Don't worry about it too much, and despite your unfortunate reasons for coming here... welcome to the forums! I hope you get sorted out pronto.

From ED himself:

I'm at the GamesCom and was busy like hell preparing for it the last days.

It probably arrived but I couldn't check and can't before next week, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting on confirmation that the pandora has been received over in Germany. No response to any of my emails. Not happy at all, I just want to know what's going on and that I am not being ignored and that my pandora hasn't gone astray. Is anyone else having any problems getting through to evildragon?

Same thing happened to me I'm afraid, and by the time ED got back to me the Pandora had been in the post office for too long and it was returned. Let's hope ED notices this thread before that happens to you!

Same thing happened to me I'm afraid, and by the time ED got back to me the Pandora had been in the post office for too long and it was returned. Let's hope ED notices this thread before that happens to you!

Hmm? If a package arrives at the postal office, I usually get a notice - and I picked up all packages where I got a notice for.

Will check all repair Pandoras today, sorry for the delay. I'm just flooded with work and don't know where to start... I'm only sleeping 3 - 4 hours right now and still don't have enough time to keep up with everything,

Strange :/ Thanks for your response ED. If it helps the tracking number is RU089162090GB. I can see from the royal mail website that deliver was attempted twice and now it just seems to say that it is being processed in Germany for delivery. Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep :(

It wasn't your fault in my case ED, the delivery person never left a note at your place so you weren't even aware that a package had arrived. I just got bad luck with having an incompetent postman that day.

Get some sleep there ed. I couldnt personally survive long on 3 or 4 hours sleep a night. Dunno how you do it.

My Pandora has worked very well for about a year now, but it's started having the purple/green scan line screen flicker issue that was mentioned in the first post of this thread. How should I go about getting it repaired?

On the top of the page there is a contact us button, open a ticket and you can start an RMA process.. LCD cables should be covered, although you may need to pay part of the shipping cost..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back