Pinball emulator?

Ah, just read the Mega Drive version is the original and has better minigames than the PC version. Will try this later.

I always thought the PC version was superiour. Had better sound if I recall correctly. MD version is excellent though and surely plays great on the Pandora. Played it a lot on my GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought the PC version was superiour. Had better sound if I recall correctly. MD version is excellent though and surely plays great on the Pandora. Played it a lot on my GP2X.
Tried the Mega Drive version now. Gameplay is very good and scrolling smooth but the sound is terrible. PC version definitely had much better sound.

But it seems like any Mega Drive game sounds terrible on emulators. I don't remember Mega Drive games sounding this bad on my TV when I had the console. Doesn't matter if I use Kega or GenS on PC or PicoDrive on Pandora - any game sounds a lot worse than I remember.

Maybe the Mega Drive soundoutput just sounds better on old monaural TVs.

I find some games come out with mono sound, others with stereo, I was playing the new PlayFire MegaDrive that came out about 2 or so years ago and that suffered bad mono sound, playing sonic you're literally hearing only half of the soundtrack, maybe that's what is happening here?

As it happens though I have been playing True Pinball to death! I've been playing TimeShock mostly, when I find my RoadTrip disc I'm going to burn that onto an SD card (seems apt now I'm living in the USA :D ), I had a go at Crüe Pinball, that didn't stay on for too long though, I just read over a pleasing article about Zen Pinball 2 as well, I still play the first one on my PS3.

Just found Vector Pinball for anyone still interested in this topic. I wouldn't have thought a port would be too difficult, due to it being quite simple and made for Android :)

"Vector Pinball is a pinball game for Android. The graphics are intentionally simple; everything is drawn with lines and circles. It uses the libgdx library from Bad Logic Games, which provides the Box2D physics engine for accurate simulation.

Vector Pinball is open source and released under version 3 of the GPL. The GitHub project page is at https://github.com/dozingcat/Vector-Pinball. Fixes and improvements are very welcome."

Wonder how easy it is to create more tables?

Would the Pinball Arcade by Farsight Studios run on the Pandora via Android? These are recreations of some of the old classic real pinball machines, like Funhouse, Medieval Madness, etc.

Maybe Midnight Magic ? :)

midnight_magic.png

It may be over the top, but you could do a single USB button attachment that protrudes out of a grip, making it comfortable to hold the pandora on its side, maybe if it had more use than just pinball (maybe books too).

If you want to play realistic pinball simulation on your pandora now look for the PSX Pro Pinball tables.

Very good physics and play pretty good on r14 of PCSX ReARM
The PC-Versions of the Pro Pinball Tables are superior in every way, especially the VERY high resolution.

Try to play Pro Pinball Timeshock with QEMU-Win98.

Would the Pinball Arcade by Farsight Studios run on the Pandora via Android? These are recreations of some of the old classic real pinball machines, like Funhouse, Medieval Madness, etc.
+1 on this, it ranks up there with Future Pinball for the quality of the tables.

Can someone please try this on the Pandora.

If you want to play the classic Amiga title Pinball Illusions I can recommend True Pinball on the Playstation, it runs much better than PI on UAE.

I'd prefer to play the Amiga version but currently it's very glitchy on UAE.

Back