Pinball Dreams Bugs

Alucard

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi, everyone! I dunno if it has been noticed yet, but the tables "Ignition" and "Nightmare" are a bit buggy - it's way too easy to get points compared to the original Amiga version.
"Steel Wheel" and "Beat Box" seem to be very faithful to the original in terms of rules.

Through this I had the wish to replay the Amiga version with WinUAE. Now the problem is, my notebook has a refresh rate of 60Hz under WinXP - but Amiga games run at 50Hz: so a totally smooth scrolling isn't possible.
Is there a tool that allows you to change the refresh rate of display to 50 or 100 Hz? I can only select 60Hz in the Windows display options. Someone told me "you can't change the refresh rate of TFT displays" - but on Linux (KDE) my display runs somehow at 53 Hz!

It's possible that your laptop screen may not be able to use refresh rates above 60hz. If 60Hz is the only option you have, then changing it may just result in a blak screen.

Actually Amiga's could run at 60Hz, change the mode from PAL to NTSC.

Vimacs posted on Apr 25 2005 at 11:57 AM said:
powerstrip allows you to enter custom refresh rates/resulution
Gee, thanks a lot! Powerstrip lets me specify any resolution I want! I found out for Pinball Dreams a height of 528 pixels is the perfect size (doubled pixels). So if you have a 4:3-display, a resolution of 640x528 pixels is the ideal size for fullscreen pinball. I have a widescreen display, so I use 720x528 pixels. It's perfectly smooth at 50 Hz. Yeah, I now have a perfect portable Amiga! Thanx again.

@WarmFluffyUK: Yes, I tried that already. If I change to NTSC, the scrolling is perfectly smooth at my standard-60Hz-refresh-rate, but the sound is totally out of control - so that's no proper solution for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alucard posted on Apr 25 2005 at 11:43 AM said:
Hi, everyone! I dunno if it has been noticed yet, but the tables "Ignition" and "Nightmare" are a bit buggy - it's way too easy to get points compared to the original Amiga version.
"
LOL, yes thats true- my Highscore on Nightmare is 621288730 Points :lol: :lol: :lol: . I would never have made this in the original game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back