Phytium-based ARM PC

I wonder: What dos it mean "Graphiccard in the PCI Slot"? I remember there where a Slot on Notebooks where they put stuff like WLAN Antennas, Card Readers, etc, or are these other slot?

I want to connect this Thing to my HDMI TV, as my real PC Monitor is only VGA Port, would this work even in BIOS?
I need to see stuff when i have to alter things in bios to boot from USB Stick.. ..

The Pyra got some Issues whit HDMI, but maybe this was just because TILER..

My last Real PC was a Windows XP Tower,

If i would want to buy a DVD Rom Drive for this Thing, do i have to know something? Or is it like on the Pyra and most of the stuff works?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but the mini PC have 1 HDMI output. You cannot connect analog VGA on this PC.

The PC is a Mini PC, so there is no space to put an internal dvd-rom drive. But you can use USB External DVD reader/writer with no issue, it will be plug'n play (I have one and tried it already, to install old windows stuffs).

Last edited:
Nono i wantet do say i have also a Screen whit VGA, but i use now a HDMI TV which is not a dedicatet PC Screen but a "Television" it worked on my Notebook, but there was allready a Linux and a Windows
I would also have a External USB DVD Drive but first i have to buy one..

Nono i wantet do say i have also a Screen whit VGA, but i use now a HDMI TV which is not a dedicatet PC Screen but a "Television" it worked on my Notebook, but there was allready a Linux and a Windows
I would also have a External USB DVD Drive but first i have to buy one..
It is possible to buy HDMI to VGA convertors. I'm using one right now to type this. So you could use your old screen if you wanted. However, VGA has no support for audio, but HDMI has, so if you want to play movies, HDMI tends to be more useful, as you get the picture and the sound on the same connection.

Thanks but I will use the HDMI Television , it was my old main tv but then I got the TV from my Grandpa as heritage, so this is now on my Desk ^^
Although I don’t know what happens when there aren’t enough Preeorder, So whe will see in 2 days if I could use the Phytian, or I have to buy me a Tablet

It is possible to buy HDMI to VGA convertors. I'm using one right now to type this. So you could use your old screen if you wanted. However, VGA has no support for audio, but HDMI has, so if you want to play movies, HDMI tends to be more useful, as you get the picture and the sound on the same connection.
Does your VGA adaptor not have a side connection for a headphone port? You don't have to connect headphones to those, you can also split them out to RCA jacks or 1/4" mono audio jacks, whatever you need for plugging into powered speakers or an amplifier. I can easily argue that proper headphones or powered speakers are going to beat whatever audio solution you've got in your latest flat screen TV thingy.

One thing i ditnt read in this thread:
How dos this works? i take a just normal X86 Debian, and its works? Or do i need a ARM Debian?
EDIT: OK Debian ARM ^^

I have a lot Games from my Adventure whit the GPD Win, mostly not that demanding stuff like Farming Sim 2014, the Euro Truck Simulator 1, Omsi 1, Stronghold HD, the DOOM 3 BFG, Fallout New Vegas, Oblivion, GTA4, but also stuff i allready had from my old PC like the whole Gothic Series which was on Sale Years ago for a few €.. , from Steam on Windows and from GOG...

If i get one, would there be a Interest in an Unboxing and a few videos?
After the System is setup, i can write from it ^^

Yes, I'd certainly watch whatever you can do with the thing.

Edit: Maybe not an unboxing. A plain unboxing is about the worst type of video that I don't watch. But if it's part of a larger video then thats okay I guess, but since you don't edit yours I guess just unboxing and connecting up keyboard and monitor and power is about as far as you're likely to get.

Agree re unboxings. They tend to be awkward to film/watch, and at best are spoilers if we were to get (opening boxes for new gadgets is fun).

Videos on the unit and it working would be nice (but not instead of more Pyra videos :p ) one

Unlike the Pyra which might be a bit more interesting to unbox, it’s maybe just a small box whit some connectors on it , I don’t know if I should Film the setup process:
Might be it will not work in the first 15 Minutes, I have to think about it ..

But at least when my first few games are running it might be a good idea to show ^^

Tomorrow whe will hopefully know if we get this thing at all, shipping should be on 17.12 according Dragonbox Shop ^^

I found a small stick in my old office, I wonder, how to know If this is the Pandora Wifi Stick or a Bluetooth Stick? If it’s Wifi, I would assume it works also on Phytian , so no need to change my Powerlan ..

Plug it into your pyra and in a terminal issue 'lsusb'. My wifi stick gets reported as 'Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188EUS 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter' for example.

I will look on weekend, i wantet to use my Pyra anymore a lot more ^^

As today is the last day to preeorder, what should i use as Linux on the Phytian? I would use a different Window Manager anyway, maybe KDE as i had this on my OLD Tower PC and it was quite cool..

And is there a Software on the Pyra Debian which lets you "burn" an Image on a USB Stick?

If Debian had some issues whit some Hardware like the XBOX360 PC Controller i would rather use a different Distro.. , i know Ubuntu, i know Debian from the Pyra, so i should also be fine whit a recommended linux..

Well if I was to put a Debian ISO on a USB stick to turn it into a live USB, I’d probably use SD card copier or RPi Imager to burn it, unless I was already using Ventoy to make the USB multiboot

I wonder if this Case is though enough to place a small TV on (24 ^^) ..
or i have to rearange my Desk Stuff a bit different: I have also my Hifi Deck on the Desk, so it could also be there whitout much issues,

When will whe know if this thing will be available? Do whe had enough orders? Or are i the only one?

The Other Alternative where a IPAD, but i would most likeley have a Linux PC for the Streaming Stuff..

Well if I was to put a Debian ISO on a USB stick to turn it into a live USB, I’d probably use SD card copier or RPi Imager to burn it, unless I was already using Ventoy to make the USB multiboot

I'm old school and just use dd to burn iso's to random access media like a USB stick. Iso's generally contain the partition table in them so it's up to the iso itself whether it's multiboot or not. If you wanted to turn an non multiboot iso into a multiboot one, I'd flash the card using dd then edit the partition table with fdisk of parted, then format and set up the second partition, but I don't often do that.

I'm old school and just use dd to burn iso's to random access media like a USB stick. Iso's generally contain the partition table in them so it's up to the iso itself whether it's multiboot or not. If you wanted to turn an non multiboot iso into a multiboot one, I'd flash the card using dd then edit the partition table with fdisk of parted, then format and set up the second partition, but I don't often do that.
Fair, though I usually see dd prefaced with “be very careful”, or “only use this if you know what you’re doing and make sure to triple check the drive label you’re editing”, whereas RPi Imager, SD card copier and Ventoy are supposed to be much more NOOB-friendly lol. I sometimes see GParted suggested as a sort of mid-point between dd and those.

Back