Phytium-based ARM PC

Let me put 2 picture of the inside of the PC :)
IMG_20211017_113415.jpg

IMG_20211017_113402.jpg

Is that the power jack coming in the side and going to the front panel? That's an unusual feature but probably perfectly usable, and the front panel has good enough connectivity to the horizontal board to power the CPU and whatever's under that second heatsink (probably the graphics card on the fabled PCI-E 8x port right). RAM next to the CPU heatsink in SODIMM form, and an M.2 NVMe card for system storage. I'm not sure why that FPGA is hanging half out of the CPU heatsink, but perhaps that was the only place it could go.

Edit: Only one USB port with superspeed lines, but three extra ports with basic (USB2.1 probably) connectivity, which is generous.

Edit2: No idea what that can is on the front panel. Actually is this photo taken from the front, or the side? Probably makes more sense to have USB ports on the side and the power coming in the back.

The usb are on the side. Power supply on the back. On the front there is only the power button. Go on the shop page for more picture.

This Thing is now ready for Preeorder on Dragonbox, it would be cool to have a powerfull Linux Desctop whit ARM for Learning Linux, use as a Gaming PC whit BOX86 , etc
My plan was to use the Pyra for this, its cool for mobile and handheld Stuff but at home it might be a bit slow at the moment..

I would have to find some work for this thing but it would be cool ^^

I wonder: Optical Drives are "OUT" since the 2010thes? So maybe a SSD, SD Card and the Rest via USB 3? , would it be possible to run "DRM" Stuff? Netlix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney +, Youtube, Apple Musik ..

EDIT: I wantet also to ask what the Green and the Red Plastic things under the USB were, but then i saw its Audio Out ^^

Last edited:
Yes, headphone out and headset micropohone in.

As far as I can remember this is based on an ARMv8 core therefore should be 64-bit code compatible, and able to run box64 as well.

Yes, headphone out and headset micropohone in.

As far as I can remember this is based on an ARMv8 core therefore should be 64-bit code compatible, and able to run box64 as well.
Yes. I run Debian testing for now on it, 64bits version, with ARMHF multiarch, so both box86 and box64 can run.

My worry we’re that im maybe not good enough to use this thing , I mean when there is just the need to download a Linux Image whit the Pyra and then just to put on a Stick and then maybe turn some valves in the bios to boot from this stick, and the rest is just normal Linux GUI and some times apt update/ apt upgrade.. it would be nice to have, although not that needed as I’m fine whit the Pyra as home work Computer..
i don’t know ..

I would preorder one of these as it looks ace, but I have too much kit - consoles, handhelds, PCs and SBCs to be getting this. Which is a shame.

Edit: it's also ~500 EUR which is a bit much for me right now.

It would still nice to have, i also wonder if some of the "newer" games would work (my summer car, beamng, Farming Sim 2022, GTA4, Snowrunner i would have to buy these games then) and i have a lot of Games from GOG but they arend for Linux unfortunilly,

But bevor i could even think about gaming on this thing, i still wonder how to put a OS on it, i mean its ARM, so is there allready a Debian in the world wide web which was compiled for the phytium PC? ,

"Powered by a 60 Watt Power Brick means" its running over USB C? , or would this Power Brick be include on the Package?

It would still nice to have, i also wonder if some of the "newer" games would work (my summer car, beamng, Farming Sim 2022, GTA4, Snowrunner i would have to buy these games then) and i have a lot of Games from GOG but they arend for Linux unfortunilly,

But bevor i could even think about gaming on this thing, i still wonder how to put a OS on it, i mean its ARM, so is there allready a Debian in the world wide web which was compiled for the phytium PC? ,

"Powered by a 60 Watt Power Brick means" its running over USB C? , or would this Power Brick be include on the Package?
The powerbrick is included.
You can download Debian for ARM64 easily: https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/arm64/iso-cd/
You flash the image on a USBKey, plug it in and install it using the UEFI bios lake on x86 PC...
(well, you have to edit source.apt after install to add non-free repo and add the amd-firmware packe after install to have the Radeon card working. That repo is included by default on AMD64 build, but not on ARM64 one)

Ok, so this means this thing might be noob proof? Or at least that noob as you can be if you had allready the Pandora and the Pyra..
There are still a few days left i can use to think about it.,,

Ok, so this means this thing might be noob proof? Or at least that noob as you can be if you had allready the Pandora and the Pyra..
There are still a few days left i can use to think about it.,,
It's Debian, same system as on the Pyra... So yeah, quite easy to use.

Also, Armbian is working on adding UEFI support (including for arm64), so it may be an alternative in the future.

Would it make sense for me anyway? Beside the "I want" factor? I use a Computer most of the time for "Word and Exel" Tasks, sometimes a bit Powerpoint (the Debian Alternatives, but i cant find the translations for the stuff you make whit Exel) (spreadsheet calculations)..
Shure it would be cool to play some PC Games on it too..
Im still have the plan to use my Pyra as my Home Work Computer, .. im quite unsure..

I got the newsletter from ED, totally forgot this thread. ^^ This Mini PC even made it into the german heise-news:

I still have no clue about this "Phytium D2000 ARMv8" CPU and how well it will perform. But it seems to be a good start if various Linux-Distributions support this Chip.
One Question: are these tiny fans loud? Some dB measuerements under load would be nice. everything over 40dB is bad imho.

Reactions: rSl
Back