Phillips Cd-i Emulator

Cervante

PS3 ID: Cervante1
Website
Visit site
Great progress with pico drive mega cd emulation, but what about CD-i?

http://www.cdiemu.org/

maybe someone could talk to this guy into releasing his source code, or look through the sources he has on his link, this is the only cd-i emulator I could find.

I remember CDI was kind of crap. I guess it would be ok to have but I can think of other things that are better like PCengine with CD etc. I can't think of any good CDi games, what was decent?

craigix posted on Mar 6 2007 at 06:40 PM said:
Didn't CD-i pay stupid sums of money to have a Mario game?
No, I think they got the rights to make shitty games based on Nintendo franchises as part of their deal with Nintendo for the SNES-CD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes, when sony pulled out. It's a shame they never released the mario world game, i remember seeing screens from that, it looked good. The other Zelda/Mario games are not really very good.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dear GOD the CD-i! Did those things SUCK!

When I worked as an Amiga games programmer we had a few ex-Philips guys working with us. The STORIES I could relay... Philips REALLY didn't have a clue about what the CD-i was going to be...

But then again, I'd love a CD-i emulator, watched my first VCD (or whatever they were called) on one of those [1], the games SUCKED though...

[1] That crappy StarTrek Generations, came on two discs! :)

Edit: It wasn't generations, it was the other crap one, the one with the Abyss/Frontier? in it?

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier? Where Spock's half-brother stole the Enterprise to go meet God? That movie was pretty bad, but it did have one of Kirk's greatest lines. "What would God need with a starship?"

Back