The Turbo /pc Engine Gets No Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixeon4x

Still Fresh
As much as I appreciate progress that has been made on all other 8/16 bit emulators,
the one emulator that still gets little or no attention is PC engine. It a shame, this system
has a great library of CD titles that cannot be fully enjoyed because of the flaws of the current
emulators The GP32 GPengine source was found just a couple months ago. Can't this emulator
be ported over to the 2X. I find it interesting that we can have full Sega CD emulation, But
not Turbo16. It's almost like a bad joke. :angry:

I support nixeon4x's opinion as well. The PC Engine console contains a vast library of games which appear to be within the GP2X's ability to emulate. It would be ashame to never see a polished emulator surface for the GP2X.

Orkie said:
Or don't be so cheap and buy yourself a PC Engine :).
That's what I did... Disappointed in the half-assed PC Engine emulation available on the GP2X, I broke down and bought myself a TurboExpress a couple weeks back... Now I'm just waiting on my Neo PCE Flash Cart and I'll be set for playing all the Turbo and PCE HuCard stuff...

The kindofsortof disappointing part of all this was that PCE emulation was a significant part of the reason I bought a GP2X in the first place - basically, I picked it up for that and handheld NeoGeo. Fortunately, Pepone's GNGeo2X is brilliant and he continues to refine it. And, of course, the release of the wonderful CPS2 emu we enjoy was a nice surprise... :) So I'm not really complaining, but I agree with nixeon4x - I too think it a shame that the PC Engine has been given such short shrift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disappointed in the half-assed PC Engine emulation available on the GP2X

Nice, someone spends literally days and days on a PC emulator non-stop, taking it like a full time job, churning out versions every day, and because its not perfect, you call it "half-assed". That's not going to encourage people you know!

nixeon4x said:
As much as I appreciate progress that has been made on all other 8/16 bit emulators,
the one emulator that still gets little or no attention is PC engine. It a shame, this system
has a great library of CD titles that cannot be fully enjoyed because of the flaws of the current
emulators The GP32 GPengine source was found just a couple months ago. Can't this emulator
be ported over to the 2X. I find it interesting that we can have full Sega CD emulation, But
not Turbo16. It's almost like a bad joke. :angry:
Why dont you stop bitching and make one? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
"bad joke", "disappointing", "half-assed", that's enough already, we don't need your whole life's story :)

Yay, Let have a go at the programmer/s and kick them in the teeth while were at it, Just because there isn`t a polished PC-Engine emulator for the GP2x.

There are ways of asking for things, Especially when a lot of people have payed jack all for it, And they have been developed/ported in the programmers OWN free time.

The best thing to do is either learn to program yourself, Put up or shut-up, Or wait and see if a developer finds the interest to take up the challenge to either start a new port or continue an existing PC-Engine emulator on the GP2x.

Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back