Peripheral Recommendations?

Ian J

Advanced Member
I'm ordering some items from Amazon UK and want to get some things for my Pandora to stick in my bag for when I'm out and about.

I'm mainly looking for a USB hub & a mouse but I'm open to any other suggestions for items that people feel I may find useful (wi-fi dongle, headset??)

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
74 views and no-one can recommend a mouse/usb hub or wi-fi dongle?

You could check the wiki list http://pandorawiki.org/USB_compatibility_list#Mice but most devices as long as they are true USB hi speed 2.0 will work fine on the Pandora. I've used a variety of hubs, powered or non powered, USB ethernet adapters (cheap generic ones) and two different USB wireless mice without any issues. One of the mice, a trust one iirc correctly worked fine directly, the other needed a hub. Its a bit of a gamble really but most should work.

A cheap wired Microsoft mouse from my laptop I just tested direct and it lacks enough power, or is usb 1.0/1.1 so doesn't work and you must bear in mind that if you use a device which fails to work, it will crash the USB host until you reboot, so any other devices you subsequently test will give a false negative if they would've worked normally without a hub. Via a powered hub its even possible to hook up an X-Arcade tank stick arcade joystick and play Mame and Prboom and such, which will be good with TV Out :)

most devices as long as they are true USB hi speed 2.0 will work fine on the Pandora.
Thing is, mice generally aren't high-speed devices. On the other hand, an OTG adapter will set you back $2 at DealExtreme, and it should be more than worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you buy a USB 2.0 hub it's a non-issue as well.

A cheap wired Microsoft mouse from my laptop I just tested direct and it lacks enough power, or is usb 1.0/1.1 so doesn't work and you must bear in mind that if you use a device which fails to work, it will crash the USB host until you reboot, so any other devices you subsequently test will give a false negative if they would've worked normally without a hub.

Amazing! That is the answer to a question I've never pondered until half an hour ago! When I noticed this odd behaviour, scratched my head and thought I'd go to the boards to see why this was :D Instant information - All hail the interwebz!

Back