Release Penguin Command released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I was always a fan of Missile Command (childhood memories :) ), therefore I thought a proper port a remake would be a nice thing.

Here you go: Penguin Command, optimized to the Pandora Widescreen and the controls!

penguin-command_pvw.jpg

You have to defend your cities from missiles. You have three rocket launchers: One to the left, one in the middle and one to the right.

You can aim with either the touchscreen or a nub set to mouse mode. However, do not mix both, as moving the nub will mix up your touchscreen.

To fire, you can either use the DPad or AYB:

Left and A = Fire with left base

Up and Y = Fire with middle base

Right and B = Fire with right base

Controls are suited for left-handed and right-handed players.

Enjoy the game :D

Download: File Archive or Pandora Apps

Sourcecode: http://evildragon.openpandora.org/penguin-commandPND-1.6.11.tar.gz

Homepage: http://www.linux-games.com/

Very cool - I've spent far too much time playing Missile Command in various incarnations over the years, so a little more on the Pandora won't hurt ;) A touchscreen version on my Psion Series 5 was one of my favourite versions so this should be excellent.

What does 'do not mix both, as moving the nub will mix up your touchscreen' mean, by the way?

What does 'do not mix both, as moving the nub will mix up your touchscreen' mean, by the way?

That's some bug in the OS - when you have a non-standard mousepointer and use the nubs to move it, it's shifted to your touchscreen.

Same happens when you use the touchscreen to touch the edges of the screen, however, you never need to do that in this game.

So either play with nub OR with touchscreen and you're fine :)

(I prefer touchscreen :) )

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.

Dr. Peter Venkman: What?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?

Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

Back