Pellicudar Video Game

christo930

There is an old book called at the earths core, in it a world called pellicudar is discovered. This book is RIPE for a video game. Read it, you can download it for free from the guttenburg project and 100 other places, since the copyright has expired. I would kill to see a game made from this book. I've been searching the internet for a game aout pellicudar, but I came up empty. I can't understand why, it's a video game waiting to be made.

Chris

Pellucidar. I don't think you'll find any but you'll have a better chance if you spell it right. I read dozens of Edgar Rice Burroughs books when I was at school, about twenty five years ago.

Not sure what you think is so ripe for game conversion but you do seem awfully enthusiastic. Perhaps this could be a project you could start.

What type of game were you thinking about?
Not that Ive got any coding skills or stuff. Just been interested reading stuff online since reading your post.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellucidar is quite a good start for anyone interested.

EDIT. Just realised that I know the movie with Peter Cushing and Doug McClure.
Bit like one of those land that time forgot type films.

Pellucidar. I don't think you'll find any but you'll have a better chance if you spell it right. I read dozens of Edgar Rice Burroughs books when I was at school, about twenty five years ago.

Not sure what you think is so ripe for game conversion but you do seem awfully enthusiastic. Perhaps this could be a project you could start.

Unfortunately, I can't code and this doesn't seem like a project to learn with. The reason I think it's so ripe for a video game is David innes is constantly exploring and mapping the world, meeting new people and fighting prehistoric creatures, all while trying to find Dianne, the beatuifull one , he met while being taken to the mylar city by the sagaths (their may be some mispellings here) so the mylars could enslave or eat them. IT just seems that the world and the creatures, charactors and action all lend themselves to a video game very well. Any way, even if it isn't good for a game, it makes a good read if you're into this type of book, which I am.

chris

Last edited by a moderator:
You should read his John Carter of Mars books too then.

edit: now I think about it, I moved pretty quickly from ERB's Mars books to John Norman's Gor books so maybe that's not such a good idea.

I spend a lot of time talking to the Mystery Science Theater 3000 crowd, and from that I know that a couple of the Gor books were made into some of the most AWFUL movies made so far. Although there is a lot of skin in them.

Back