Please Pnd A Pdf Viewer

sparkymark

Website
Visit site
Hi,

Please somebody PND a PDF viewer, it is doing my head in. Either evince or epdfview

I've tried installing through the terminal but I'm getting nowhere, I fail at Linux.

I might throw my toys out the pram soon :(

sparkymark said:
Hi,

Please somebody PND a PDF viewer, it is doing my head in. Either evince or epdfview

I've tried installing through the terminal but I'm getting nowhere, I fail at Linux.

I might throw my toys out the pram soon :(

Hmm? Is epdfview missing?
It should be in the firmware - maybe we accidentally removed it :eek:

Will try to make a PND out of it :)

Last edited:
While I haven't had a need for it yet, I'd really like a PDF viewer so I'll have a tube map available should the necessity arise!

edit: I wonder if Ed's not thinking of saving it for the hotfix due next week?

Well it was supposed to be in the firmware and it'd make things a lot easier than having to associate the PND with PDFs every time you want to view one. Hopefully?

Not knowing very much about Linux, my understanding as a end user is that you can't just grab linux apps that havent been adjusted for the Pandora first. I dont think they need to be PND but they need to know where they can store information in some cases and in others perhaps they still need recompiling for ARM.

Alpha2 said:
Not knowing very much about Linux, my understanding as a end user is that you can't just grab linux apps that havent been adjusted for the Pandora first. I dont think they need to be PND but they need to know where they can store information in some cases and in others perhaps they still need recompiling for ARM.
You can get applications from the Ångström ARM repo and they should run, but they will store everything on the NAND, and may be inconvenient due to the screen resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's what I figured (to both Alerino and Tom').

I've never looked at a Linux Repository so I didn't know they already had one for ARM. The NAND issue always scares me though because I know it's not meant to be used constantly, so I'd rather it be PNDed so I know it's not messing with it any more than it needs to. When I get my Pandora I want it to last as long as humanly possible.

Alerino said:
a PND is mandatory? Can you guys just install the angstrom repo one?
You sure can. Assuming that the Angstrom repo is still setup on the Pandora (which it shouldn't be!!!! but I'm pretty sure it is...) from a terminal window type
sudo opkg install evince
or
sudo opkg install epdfview

WizardStan said:
Alerino said:
a PND is mandatory? Can you guys just install the angstrom repo one?
You sure can. Assuming that the Angstrom repo is still setup on the Pandora (which it shouldn't be!!!! but I'm pretty sure it is...) from a terminal window type
sudo opkg install evince
or
sudo opkg install epdfview

No luck. None of the pdf viewers are availible from the repos that are set up out of the box. One would have to be added. I think the best bet for the Linux Newbs is either a PND or an update.

Canguy said:
No luck. None of the pdf viewers are availible from the repos that are set up out of the box. One would have to be added. I think the best bet for the Linux Newbs is either a PND or an update.
Oh wow. That's actually quite the relief. I was afraid OPT had just left the default Angstrom repo on there. Knowing that people can't just install willy nilly and update things from an unverified repo makes me kinda glad.

Back