PDAs

vf10a

Still Fresh
Website
www.retro-station.com
Hi all. I'm looking at getting a PDA but have absolutely no idea what to be looking for. I would mainly be using it for doing work on the move (so microsoft software would be very handy- need to be checking emails and word processing etc.) but as a gamer I would love to be playing and watching stuff as well.

Is there anything anybody can recommend?

This is a Gp32 board dude!

p.s: check out the HP iPaq H1940 or if you are loaded then get the HP iPaq H5550, Or maybe a Dell Axim x5 or an Ipaq 1910

He's right ya know - this IS an off-topic forum....

If you're in the UK and have a mobile contract with 02, then the 02 XDA is great (it's what I use). The new HP iPaqs are really small and nice, and the thin toshiba models are also very good. Myself, I would steer away from Palm PDAs, as they lack the power (apart from the higher, pricey models) to do that much.

Have fun :D

Myself, I would steer away from Palm PDAs, as they lack the power (apart from the higher, pricey models) to do that much.
Which is why I bought my Sony Clie SJ30, as it has loads of software for it - More that the PocketPC's... And also a GP32 and a GBA... Heck, it's the best of both (all) worlds... Why stick with a Pocket PC which, quite frankly, doesn't have that good games... And besides, the price they go for is steep if you want a portable games-player! Buy the cheapest PDA you need, and then buy something (Like the GP32, unless you already have one!) specifically for games!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good compromise...

BTW - have you ever seen some of the games for pocket PC? I was quite impressed myself - nice 3d engines and all..... just a bitch to play...

Ah well....

GP32 = Doom = Fun! :)

(Okay - One out of a few things you can play, but it sure looks the best on any handheld to date!)

I do actually have a gp32 and a great machine it is to. Thanks for suggestions (I'll have a look at all of em and see just how loaded i am).

:D

hmm does the XDA have remote net access? without a bluetooth phone of course

Back