Pcsx4All

@Franxis What about compressed ISO compatibility it will be amazing, for example Wipeout is normally about 700mb , but compressed it take only 46mb

Rivroner said:
46 mb with the ost in? o_O Wipeot without the music is not the same.
It's not a rip!!! Music and video are not deleted it only compressed the game.
if you want more information try PocketIso!

Last edited by a moderator:
Franxis said:
BillyW said:
Thanks franxis,I only hope that GPH are helping you out financially.
It's a pity the wiz isn't compatible with the sdxc cards,they would be useful with your pcsx4all! :D

No, GPH is not helping me in such way...
I use a 16GB SDHC in the WIZ without problems...
I just donated £30 to your paypal account,you deserve more but I'm a little hard up right now.
I've got a 32gb sdhc card but it's full!!
The 2tb (2000gb)sdxc cards would have been exellent for the pcsx4all emu as the games take up so much memory!!
I'm glad your not a fan of the caanoo, I see it as a gimmick, much like the dsi!!
Many many thanks for the anticipated pcsx4all.

BillyW said:
The 2tb (2000gb)sdxc cards would have been exellent for the pcsx4all emu as the games take up so much memory!!

They're not 2tb yet. It's incremental change like sd to sdhc. Just a different name and filesystem. They're up to 64gb now, so it's sort of a pity that they can't be used.

Azerty16 said:
Rivroner said:

I know i know, i have used pocketiso before but 46 megs is weird, i supposed (wrong for what you say) that the music was ripped.

Rivroner said:
Azerty16 said:
Rivroner said:

I know i know, i have used pocketiso before but 46 megs is weird, i supposed (wrong for what you say) that the music was ripped.

Anyways it will be good if pcsx4all can load bz file.

klikklak said:
BillyW said:

They're not 2tb yet. It's incremental change like sd to sdhc. Just a different name and filesystem. They're up to 64gb now, so it's sort of a pity that they can't be used.

I've seen 2tb cards on sale on amazon for £ 400!

BillyW said:
klikklak said:
BillyW said:

I've seen 2tb cards on sale on amazon for £ 400!
Lol a 2tb cards doesn't exist for the moment it's the maximum that a sdxc can reach.
But actually only 32 and 62gb are available.

BillyW said:
I just donated £30 to your paypal account,you deserve more but I'm a little hard up right now.

I donated money myself but via the GP32Spain contest. Although I agree that Franxis deserves f*ckloads for his efforts, I also think that Notaz and Bitrider deserve remuneration for their work on Ginge and DrPocketSnes too. Besides, we all know that PSCX4All will claim the top prize in the competition ;)

Crazyteknohed said:
BillyW said:

I donated money myself but via the GP32Spain contest. Although I agree that Franxis deserves f*ckloads for his efforts, I also think that Notaz and Bitrider deserve remuneration for their work on Ginge and DrPocketSnes too. Besides, we all know that PSCX4All will claim the top prize in the competition ;)

I donated money to the competion too,but ive donated more to franxis because its the ps1 emu that Im really interested in.
I actually thought that the SNES emulator thats been available for ages is exellent and hardly needs an update!
the WS and GP2X emulators will be interesting but not compared to PCSX4ALL!!

I don't know. I think GINGE is certainly more interesting technically, I wouldn't dismiss it just because everybody has got excited about PlayStation games. It brings something completely new and unexpected - nobody thought this would ever actually get done for the Wiz.

Orkie said:
I don't know. I think GINGE is certainly more interesting technically, I wouldn't dismiss it just because everybody has got excited about PlayStation games. It brings something completely new and unexpected - nobody thought this would ever actually get done for the Wiz.

I don't know. For a lot of the members of the forum, they've already got a GP2X. But do they have a GPH handheld that can run playstation games? No. ;P

Just out of interest, why did you choose to port PCSX ? ePSXe has much, much higher compatibility (almost 100%). Was it just a matter of which one had the available source code ?

Orkie said:
I agree Orkie! Ginge is a much more creative application. Coding Competitions have many things they look for and judge on overall. If I was going to vote, it would be for Ginge handsdown.

Franxis has done the impossible with his PS1 emu, and I really think it is also a very awesome program, but since I sold my Wiz ahile ago, sadly I won't ever be able to use it. Maybe the comp will end in a tie, that way everyone wins. ;) I'm looking forward to the community enjoying both Notaz and Franxis programs, as they both deserve the praise and accolades of the community for their work.

Chris

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Orkie said:

I don't know. For a lot of the members of the forum, they've already got a GP2X. But do they have a GPH handheld that can run playstation games? No. ;P
[/quote]

Well, yeah :) But those members also love to play old games without taking the GP2X with them... some GP2X might not be working anymore and the stick was unusable for some games :)

emjay said:
Just out of interest, why did you choose to port PCSX ? ePSXe has much, much higher compatibility (almost 100%). Was it just a matter of which one had the available source code ?

My guess is that ePSXe is closed source - and maybe even using x86 assembly (haven't looked up if it does though).

Last edited:
Breath of Fire 3 is working perfectly. :)

Ginge is an awesome emulator and Notaz has shown to the world, one more time, his incredible talent. :)

This is a nice emulator. A nice surprise :)
The most annoying thing for me though is the forcing of the iso organization and location. The ideal solution is have an option to browse to an iso, rather than make all of the isos reside in the same folder.

Franxis said:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
I know all the devs are much more interested in the pandora at the moment ;P

Not for myself. I think the Pandora is plenty of power to run PC emulators without optimization. I think it is more interesting to work on machines like WIZ/CAANOO with more limited power, it is more funny :D
That is not entirely true. MAME and PSX don't run very well on Pandora now. The Pandora has limited power when running those. The advantage of the Pandora is that you could possibly get to full speed on PSX with good code , where as on the Wiz you may never be able to get to full speed no matter how good the code is. Also with MAME you will get newer games to be playable that will never be on the Wiz.

Back