Pcsx4All

EvilDragon said:
There are some games that run pretty good. It's really a good achievement.
However, don't expect to run any PSX game perfectly. Chrono Cross didn't work for me and Muppet RaceMania ran way too slow to be enjoyable.

Still, games like FF7 are playable :)

Also, don't forget this is the first release - hopefully, it will be improved.
But I have the feeling that you will only be able to enjoy a few good PSX titles... the WIZ / Caanoo is really fighting with the power needed here :/

There are a lot of games those run perfectly in this first release.
But it will be improved for sure, WIZ/CAANOO power will be enough for this :wiz:
Your feeling is wrong :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Franxis said:
EvilDragon said:
There are some games that run pretty good. It's really a good achievement.
However, don't expect to run any PSX game perfectly. Chrono Cross didn't work for me and Muppet RaceMania ran way too slow to be enjoyable.

Still, games like FF7 are playable :)

Also, don't forget this is the first release - hopefully, it will be improved.
But I have the feeling that you will only be able to enjoy a few good PSX titles... the WIZ / Caanoo is really fighting with the power needed here :/

There are a lot of games those run perfectly in this first release.
But it will be improved for sure, WIZ/CAANOO power will be enough for this :wiz:

Wow, Franxis, I'm very glad to read this. But even if the Wiz can't emulate all stuff in playable speeds I'm sure that Pcex4all will be a great program with a very good user interface. I can't wait to lay my hands on another high quality Franxis production... :)

16th is tooo far, i can't wait to try Gran Turismo :D
will it be released (downloadable for using on WIZ) on 16th? counting the days :)

sbock said:
Wow, Franxis, I'm very glad to read this. But even if the Wiz can't emulate all stuff in playable speeds I'm sure that Pcex4all will be a great program with a very good user interface. I can't wait to lay my hands on another high quality Franxis production... :)

Yes, it will. And FF7 is not "playable", is faster than full-speed, as well as a lot of other titles.

glezmen said:
16th is tooo far, i can't wait to try Gran Turismo :D
will it be released (downloadable for using on WIZ) on 16th? counting the days :)

Gran Turismo doesn't run yet, sorry.

Franxis said:

very bad news :(
it runs with the current psx emulator (psx4all?) but it's very slow (around 20FPS without sound, on 800MHz)
i hope it will work soon :)

Parasite Eve 1 & 2 are both running almost perfect. :)

Wipeout 1 & 2 the same, both games works very well.

I think Evildragon is not testing very well the emulator, selecting the proper Bias and other settings is very important in the emulator.

There are a lot of games that are still slow, but there are a bunch of games running almost perfect. I am talking about 3D stuff, 2D games are running the most perfectly. :)

Sorry for my bad english.

Rivroner said:
Parasite Eve 1 & 2 are both running almost perfect. :)

Wipeout 1 & 2 the same, both games works very well.

I think Evildragon is not testing very well the emulator, selecting the proper Bias and other settings is very important in the emulator.

There are a lot of games that are still slow, but there are a bunch of games running almost perfect. I am talking about 3D stuff, 2D games are running the most perfectly. :)

Cheers Rivroner!
Great news, Then I have all I want. Thanks.

glezmen said:
Franxis said:

very bad news :(
it runs with the current psx emulator (psx4all?) but it's very slow (around 20FPS without sound, on 800MHz)
i hope it will work soon :)

Compatibility is a long run game, i bet Gran Turismo will work very soon. ;) Meanwhile you can play Wipeout series, Twisted Metal, Colin McRae 2, etc...

Rivroner what about Spyro, Bloody Roar, Soulblade and Breath Of Fire IV!
Sorry if i'm boring!
And it will be really available the 16th or we need to wait more?

Breath of Fire IV is working very well, another betatester said that a few days ago. The other games have not been tested by me at least.

Thanks for the bias tip, that did work out better :)

Well, 2D games are running fine, yep (or games using minimal 3D, like Parasite Eve or Final Fantasy :))

One of my favourites, Muppet RaceMania uses a lot of 3D, so it's not going too well yet - but I guess that will improve with 3D Chip usage :)

Nice seeing this still being worked on, great achievement, Franxis :D

sbock said:

Yep, classic MAME4ALL-Userinterface :)
Great to hear he thinks there's still way for improvement :D

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:

Well, 2D games are running fine, yep (or games using minimal 3D, like Parasite Eve or Final Fantasy :) )

One of my favourites, Muppet RaceMania uses a lot of 3D, so it's not going too well yet - but I guess that will improve with 3D Chip usage :)

Wipeout games are games in pure 3D and are running very well. NBA In The Zone is running even faster than original, you need framelimiter On. Ridge Racer games works very well and are 3D as well. Tunnel B1, International Track & Field,Loaded, Exhumed or Powerslave,... :) Of course, there are a lot of 3D games running slow; time to time :)

I have no doubt this emulator in a few months will be running the most difficult 3D games very well. :)

Rivroner said:
EvilDragon said:

Well, 2D games are running fine, yep (or games using minimal 3D, like Parasite Eve or Final Fantasy :) )

Wipeout games are games in pure 3D and are running very well. NBA In The Zone is running even faster than original, you need framelimiter On. Ridge Racer games works very well and are 3D as well. Tunnel B1, International Track & Field,Loaded, Exhumed or Powerslave,... :) Of course, there are a lot of 3D games running slow; time to time :)

I have no doubt this emulator in a few months will be running the most difficult 3D games very well. :)

That's pretty astounding to hear. If this gets better, get ported to the caanoo, and can run games at full speed or can run games using 1 or 2 frameskip to get full speed, then I'll probably buy a caanoo, rather than a pandora. It depends, really. Hopefull the caanoo will get decent development. I know all the devs are much more interested in the pandora at the moment ;P

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
I know all the devs are much more interested in the pandora at the moment ;P

Not for myself. I think the Pandora is plenty of power to run PC emulators without optimization. I think it is more interesting to work on machines like WIZ/CAANOO with more limited power, it is more funny :D

EvilDragon said:

There a lot of 3D games running correctly in this first release... The speed of the emulator depends a lot on the game. There are games where the recompiler runs better (2D and 3D) and others where it runs worse (2D and 3D) or doesn't run at all. It will take time but the recompiler will be improved...

Keep the faith, i'm optimistic :D

Thanks franxis,I only hope that GPH are helping you out financially.
It's a pity the wiz isn't compatible with the sdxc cards,they would be useful with your pcsx4all! :D

BillyW said:
Thanks franxis,I only hope that GPH are helping you out financially.
It's a pity the wiz isn't compatible with the sdxc cards,they would be useful with your pcsx4all! :D

No, GPH is not helping me in such way...
I use a 16GB SDHC in the WIZ without problems...

Back