Pcsx4All

sbock

Chaos is our mode and modus
Franxis announced Pcsx4all, a Playstation emulator for the Wiz. The project from him and Chui is a contestant in the gp32spain Wiz emulator contest.
It's a heavy optimized port from PCSX Reloaded.

It uses:
-ARM-based recompiler from Franxis and Chui
-GTE ARMv5 optimized assembler from Franxis and Chui
-SPU and PAD from Franxis (SPU: 22 KHz mono-Audio CD asynchronous PAD: SCPH-1010).
-GPU by Unai for PSX4ALL with multiple corrections and additions made by Franxis.

And how does it work?
-Ridge Racer: A 70-80% speed.
-Megaman X4: Perfect with occasional drops in frames.
-Wipeout: Perfect with occasional drops in frames.
-Salamander 2: Perfect.
-Gradius Gaiden: Perfect with occasional drops in frames.
-Tekken 3: 70-80% speed.
-Final Fantasy VII: Perfect with occasional drops in frames.
-Castlevania SOTN: Perfect with occasional drops in frames.
-Raystorm: A 70-90% speed.

Resident Evil 2 runs fullspeed according to Anarchy.
The emu don't uses Open GL ES 1.1 yet but efegea has a hardware accelerated GPU in the works and offered his help.

Original post/thread:

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=75743

Amazing stuff, Franxis and Chui! Sounds like a lot of work to me... Good luck at the compo!

Yeah, sounds absolutely brilliant. I look forward to seeing some videos. :)
Franxis said that he might be doing some MAME work on the Caanoo, so do you think this will get a port from him?

Franxis already got a Caanoo but AFAIK the unit has some faults and is not working correctly. :( He wrote that he's not so impressed and prefers the Wiz.
On the other side he wrote that he wants to support MAME4all for both consoles so I hope we also see a Pcsx4all Caanoo port.

wow, sound very good!
the PSX game i'm most interested in is Gran Turismo, is there any chance it will be playable with stable overclocking?

I'm betatester in the emu and I can say that is very good.

For example, Abbe's Oddysee works fullspeed with sound (that sounds perfect).

I only hope that ZodTTD not charging to port the emu or improving a bit and not releasing the source code. I think Craig will pay someone to port this emulator to Pandora ...

Craig, what will happened to your GBAX? LoL

Sorry for my bad english.

Nintiendo1Spain said:
I'm betatester in the emu and I can say that is very good.

For example, Abbe's Oddysee works fullspeed with sound (that sounds perfect).

Thanks for the information, sounds very promising. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how Einhander works. Also, though I passed it, but still - metal gear solid? That might be harder.

*drool* thats some great news for the wiz scene! looking forward to try crash bandicoot :)

Looks AMAZING!

Can't imagine how good it will be when OpenGL is implemented, especially how good it is running now.

Finally, Hydro Thunder, Crash Bandicoot, Twisted Metal, and many more soon to be in my pocket. This almost distracts me from the excitement of discovering that J2ME on the Wiz can run Doodle Jump...

Can I still donate to the competition? This is a nice deal of work and it also makes me excited to think of what other things everyone is working on. Thank you Franxis and Chui, and everyone else involved in this project and the competition!

Gotta see if I can get Franxis/Chui to provide some translation logs for the recompiler, I enjoy collecting those.

geise69 said:
Can I still donate to the competition? This is a nice deal of work and it also makes me excited to think of what other things everyone is working on. Thank you Franxis and Chui, and everyone else involved in this project and the competition!

Yes, you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it when someone comes along and does what everyone thought couldn't be done. A working psx emulator should do a great deal for wiz sales, especially the new model. I still think the gp2x hasn't been pushed to the max nor the gp32 for that matter.

Back