DOES NOT RUN.

-----------------------------------

December Build

Crash Bandicoot PAL
Caanoo Clock: 750mhz
Format: IMG
Bias: 4 (default iirc)
Video frameskip OFF.

Compatible, Slow, approaching Moderate. No obvious graphics glitches and sound seems fine, only limited by framerate. Minor control issue related to the character stopping his forward movement without the player releasing the thumbstick. Impressive framerates, with 42/60 on the main menu and 27-33/60 during gameplay.

Crash Bandicoot PAL
Format: IMG
Bias: AUTO
Video frameskip OFF.

Identical visuals and sound to the manually set Bias above, but with reduced performance. Gameplay now hovers closer to 20/60, with spikes up to around 30/60.

November Build

Crash Team Racing PAL
Format: BIN
Default Settings, video frameskip OFF.
SPU IRQ Hack Enabled

DOES NOT RUN.

December Build

Crash Team Racing PAL
Video frameskip OFF.
SPU IRQ Hack Enabled

Doesn't get past first screen (Sony Computer Entertainment text), so only partially compatible. Seems to be a similar issue to one I've seen on ePSXe for this game (which is solved on PC by enabling the SPU IRQ hack). Sound works, but continually jumps forward every second or two, seemingly in an attempt to keep up with the framerate.

Crash Team Racing PAL
Video frameskip OFF.
SPU IRQ Hack Enabled

Identical to the previous test, only the AUTO Bias setting results in perfect sound, rather than the jumpy sound found in the default BIAS test.

November Build

Crash Bandicoot Warped PAL
Default Settings, video frameskip OFF.

DOES NOT RUN.

December Build

Video frameskip OFF.

Compatible, Slow. A few visual glitches with objects appearing too early/late during the intro sequence, but otherwise nothing obvious. Sound seems fine, limited only by framerate. Performance during gameplay comes out at roughly 30/60.

Video frameskip OFF.

DOES NOT RUN.

Pcsx4All new build

Pandemonium NTSC
Format .iso
Caanoo Clock 810Mhz
CPU Clock 80%
CPU Bias Auto
Rest Default Settings
FPS = 14/20
Compatible, playble I think - but could be faster, no graphical gliches FMV Great, also works well on Bias 1 setting

ruffnutts ;)

Hi, this is my first testing report (Caanoo) (and this time in the correct thread, i hope...):

Grandia 1 - PAL - (.img, .cue)

RAM Tweaks: Off
Frame-Limit: Off
Sound: ON (XA+CD-Audio)
CPU Clock: 100%
CPU BIAS: 4
CPU Core: HLE
CPU Type: PAL
No Game Fixes

Small flickering Area at the right side of the Screen.
InGame BGM is not fully played before repeating.
Video Sequences working perfectly.
In Dialogs with Voice the Voice is a bit slow and choppy.
Memory Cards are working for saving and loading.
Some minor graphical gliches, almost only noticable if you are searching for them.
Setting CPU BIAS to Auto does some minimal enhancements in some SFXs. (especially in the save/load menu)

Playable (Battle Scenes not tested yet...)

Legend of Legaia - NTSC - (.iso)

CPU Type: NTSC
No Game Fixes

InGame is at about 45-65% of Fullspeed.
InGame BGM is a bit choppy.
In Menu the BGM is at about 70-90% of Fullspeed.
Crashes when entering Battle.
Memory Cards work for loading and saving.
Setting CPU BIAS to Auto doesn't result in any noticable difference.

Half Working (Very slow compared to Emulators on PC) / Not Playable (Crashes when entering a Battle)

Metal Slug X - PAL - (.img, .cue)

CPU Type: PAL
No Game Fixes

BGM is not working.
SFXs have a enourmous delay.
InGame almost all of the time at Fullspeed.
Setting CPU BIAS to Auto results in playing SFXs in most Menus with only about 0,25 seconds delay, playing BGM in Mission Select Menu (very slow), playing InGame SFXs at Mission Start with almost no delay (though a bit choppy) but within the most time of the mission the enormous delay mentioned before appears.

Playable (if you don't need sound)

Pcsx4All new build 11/12/10

Wild Arms Pal
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
Ram Twaeks On
Frame Skip 0
CPU Clock 60%
CPU Bias Auto
CPU Core HLE -Secure
Rest Default settings
FPS = 45-50/50 (sometimes more)
Compatible, playable no graphical gliches - when first loaded black screen for a few moments then boots,
Works better on this release as it dont crash when leaving the village and battle scenes are just like they should be
Also save and load works as well, sound and music not to bad either - a bit slow, All menus work....

BTW - I`ve been dying to have this game in my pocket ;)

That`s 2 games that work on this release that never before.

ruffnutts said:
That`s 2 games that work on this release that never worked before.

Add to that Crash, Crash Warped and in all likelihood Crash 2 (Haven't checked 2 yet, gotta convert my copy to an image format PCSX4ALL will read) and that's a total of FIVE newly playable games. Brilliant progress if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@AJack Make that six; Tomba doesn't crash on landing - which is great, except the FPS is super slow. Ahh, well. That's progress, still!

SolarLune said:
@AJack Make that six; Tomba doesn't crash on landing - which is great, except the FPS is super slow. Ahh, well. That's progress, still!

Great news! I have fond memories of playing Tomba (or Tombi as it was known over here) as a little'un :) Hopefully after the compatibility is cleared up the devs can squeeze a little more performance out of the Caanoo - Crash Bandicoot in my pocket at playable framerates would be outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pcsx4All New Build 11/12/10

Alien Trilogy Pal
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
All Settings Default (tried everything)
FPS = 99/50
Compatible, running in black screen thats why I gave it compatible - no sound either

Maybe we should decide how to rate the games that do this

ruffnutts ;)

PCSX4ALL build 20101211

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver PAL
All settings default, except
800 MHz
Ram Tweaks ON
Frame Limit ON
FPS 6-12
PLAYABLE - Graphical glitches, polygons and textures disappear randomly, menus are not shown correctly

One PAL
800 MHz
Ram Tweaks ON
Frame Limit ON
FPS 8-12
PLAYABLE - Sound is played to slow due to slow emulation, otherwise perfect, without sound 12-14 FPS

MDK
800 MHz
Ram Tweaks ON
Frame Limit ON
FPS 16(!)
WATCHABLE - Runs fullspeed (with FS Video 2), strange bug, FS set to game makes the game hang up during loading, graphical glitches make the game unplayable, character gets stuck in not correctly rendered level architecture.

Wild 9 PAL
All settings default

UNPLAYABLE - hangs during loading, didn't get it to show more then the companies logo videos, tried HLE and BIOS

Yes. I know it's far too much of a difference, but if it could eke out just 5 or 10 more FPS, that would be absolutely great. The compatibility increase alone between the two betas is incredible. Also, this is a seventh 'game' - the scph1001 bios also seems to work (when trying to load an apparently poorly copied game by myself, it booted to the 'Memory Card', 'CD Player' bios screen).

So, is this emulator taking advantage of the Caanoo's OpenGL acceleration? If not, is that possible and would it do any good?

Pcsx4All New Build 11/12/10

Overboard Pal
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
CPU Clock 40%
CPU Bias Auto
Rest Default Settings
FPS = 43/16
Compatible, would have been playable - intro and FMV perfect apart from a slight crackling in the sound - all menus fine.. once you get to gameplay
And try to drive the boat it stops but it dont crash the emulator entirely as the fps is st flickering and you can go back to
The emu`s menu... btw I did try a lot of settings with the same result.

ruffnutts

Okay, seems like working 11 hours and then trying to emulate PSX games makes people dumb or blind. What I want to say:
Can someone tell me where you put the two files of the emulator (incl. the .gpe)and where you put your games? I tried four different .bin/.cues in any directory I could think of, but I still get the "Error: No playable games found" message :(

I hope you don't mind answering such basic questions, I think I need two to four coffees...

Best wishes,

JH

Put the game images in a folder called isos thats it - put the other files where you like and use explorer to lunch the .gpe file

nutts out :D

Ahhh, the name of the trick is "isos" :lol: I tried "game" and "games" and "rom" and "roms" and "bin" and whatever ;)

You Mr. Ruffnutts saved my leisure-time!

Pcsx4All Build 11/12/10

Metal Gear Solid (Disc 1)

Format: .bin
Clock: Tested 533, 750 and 800
CPU-Clock: Tested 50 and 100
CPU Bias: Tried auto and 4
Rest default
Result: Black screen, no sound, nothing happens.

---
Ace Combat 2

Clock: 750 works, 800 crashes
CPU-Clock: 100
CPU Bias: auto
Rest default
Result: Compatbile, menus run fine, mission-briefing voice is very slow, in-game sound is crackling, gameplay is probably less then half speed of the original

---
Grand Theft Auto 2

Clock: 533 / 700
CPU-Clock: 100
CPU BIAS: auto / 2 / 4
Rest default
Result: Black screen, crashes, had to restart my Caanoo

---
Vigilante 8

Clock: 533 - 700
CPU Bias: 4, auto
Rest default
Result: No text in the menu, if you choose any of the invisible options the game crashes -> Caanoo restart. Loads "Activision"-screen and menus fast on clock-setting 700 and about half speed at 533. Will probably test other settings since the flawlessly starting menu on 700 mhz made me curious ;)

---
Command & Conquer 2, Disc 1

Clock: 750 works, anything above crashed
CPU Bias: auto
CPU Clock: 100 / 150 %, no difference
Rest default
Result: Playable, but pretty slow. Menus and movies seem to be at full speed.

Back