Pcsx Rearmed

I'd like to point out that this emulator actually runs Chrono Chross.
(Though it has graphical glitches, like stretched menus)

Haven't tested it enough but it looks playable, (but its a bit slow).

i almost finished a translated patched version of policenauts which runs perfectly until the very last ending video where it will always crash.

i can't wait for the next version of pcsxrearmed to be release!

I would like to stop in just to say that this emulator seems to be running very, very smoothly. Not only does it seem faster than pcsx4caanoo, but it also seems more 'in control' (MM4 seems to be running at close to full-speed, without any additional overclock at 530 MHZ)!

EDIT: Megaman Legends 2 WORKS with this emulator, and not too slowly, either. Overclocked to 798 MHZ (odd number, I know), it's skippy in certain places, but certainly playable. :D

I would like to submit a request for using the touchscreen as the second analog stick - the center of the screen would be dead center for the second analog.

EDIT 2: Also, for the binding of more than one button to equal another, for example, for L+Left to be L1, and for L+Right to be R1.

blues2 said:
i almost finished a translated patched version of policenauts which runs perfectly until the very last ending video where it will always crash.

If you give me a savestate before it crashes (NOT after as it's then in bad state) I can look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz said:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r10_caanoo.zip

nothing too exciting here though, it performs rather poorly on the Caanoo, I can guess because of cache misses or something. Also having to remove all NEON didn't't help of course.

So what is PCSX reARMed, compared to PCSX4ALL?

• base code: PCSX reloaded (same)
  • GPU code: una-i based with Franxis tweaks (same), also has an option of PEOPS (aka Pete's, slow)
  • dynarec: completely different one by Ari64, I consider it more advanced than Chui's but it was optimized for CortexA8 and multiple paths it makes for various cases might be blowing icache faster.
  • GTE: different, NEON removed, a bit of asm left, PCSX4ALL does better job here
  • SPU: PEOPS-based (different), heavily optimized by me

How it performs compared to PCSX4ALL largely depends on game, but multiple options are always a good thing I guess..

Excellent work Notaz. Only a note: SPU plugin in PCSX4ALL runs at 22 KHz, if yours runs at 44 KHz maybe you could reuse something from it.

I checked the entire thread but I didn't see anything about Chrono Cross. I have it running via a USB drive and it runs a little sluggish, but the biggest problems are the stretched screens and garbled text. Is there a fix for this and if so, how do you enable it? Thanks!

darklight1138 said:
I checked the entire thread but I didn't see anything about Chrono Cross. I have it running via a USB drive and it runs a little sluggish, but the biggest problems are the stretched screens and garbled text. Is there a fix for this and if so, how do you enable it? Thanks!
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/60432-pcsx-rearmed/page__st__195__p__959527&#entry959527

Yeah, I figured I overlooked it. Actually just found the fix. Didn't notice the text that appears at the bottom of the screen when you select an option. Doesn't seem to fix the garbled text however. Oh well. I take it that might be a scaling issue?

Franxis said:
Excellent work Notaz. Only a note: SPU plugin in PCSX4ALL runs at 22 KHz, if yours runs at 44 KHz maybe you could reuse something from it.
Thanks. Current SPU usually takes under 1ms/vsync on Caanoo, which is ~5% of all emulation time, with some exceptions like Chrono Cross that can take upto 4ms, or ~20% (because of lots of active sound channels). Maybe I could offer your SPU as a plugin, assuming it's faster in those cases, it just wasn't necessary for pandora.

ruffnutts said:
Anyone tried this game

Ehrgeiz - god bless the ring

ruffnutts

It runs, but is extremely slow, around 15FPS. Probably twice as fast as it did in PCSX4All though. It's pretty demanding for some reason.

someoneElse said:
ruffnutts said:
Anyone tried this game

Ehrgeiz - god bless the ring

ruffnutts

It runs, but is extremely slow, around 15FPS. Probably twice as fast as it did in PCSX4All though. It's pretty demanding for some reason.

Yeah I tried it, the FMV`s and in menu`s was perfect but gameplay was slow - shame looks like a fun game...

Sounds like it could be an excellent enhancement if it ends up being faster.

notaz said:
Franxis said:
Thanks. Current SPU usually takes under 1ms/vsync on Caanoo, which is ~5% of all emulation time, with some exceptions like Chrono Cross that can take upto 4ms, or ~20% (because of lots of active sound channels). Maybe I could offer your SPU as a plugin, assuming it's faster in those cases, it just wasn't necessary for pandora.

Just tried this, its an emulator with awesome sauce poured all over it!, thanks Notaz. With the savestates should be able to get a bit further in Castlevania too.

Anyone else have problems with savestates? Been playing Resident Evil a bit and until now savestates working great except a few corrupt ones. Now I cant save a savestate anymore. It just goes back to menu without saving. Same problem with all games I've tried. Loading savestates is fine.

edit: I deleted a couple of save states and now saving works again. I had six RE savestates so maybe the maximum number is less than the 10 available slots

mrkingoo said:
Anyone else have problems with savestates? Been playing Resident Evil a bit and until now savestates working great except a few corrupt ones. Now I cant save a savestate anymore. It just goes back to menu without saving. Same problem with all games I've tried. Loading savestates is fine.

edit: I deleted a couple of save states and now saving works again. I had six RE savestates so maybe the maximum number is less than the 10 available slots
Either your card is full or corrupted, run checkdisk/fsck on the PC.

notaz said:
blues2 said:

If you give me a savestate before it crashes (NOT after as it's then in bad state) I can look at it.

i don't know how to add an link to my pc on a forum but gamefaqs have saves of the final chapter. http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/573370-policenauts/saves

I've run into a few instances where it will save a corrupt game. My card isn't full or corrupt. It doesn't happen a lot and when it does, it's just a matter of saving over it.

Back