Pcsx Rearmed

stpat said:
Is Jackie Chan a good game? I've never seen/played it. (not entirely true, I've now seen the developer splash screen and heard some of the sound effects. ;)

@stpat thanks for trying at least we know now :(

ruffnutts

Yeah its a fun platform beat`em up side scrolling - but 3D at the same time :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtqZl2tr_EE[/youtube]

ruffnutts

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a cool game. Have you played around with all the built-in gpu fixes to see if they make any difference? (I didn't have much time to experiment).

ruffnutts said:
stpat said:
Is Jackie Chan a good game? I've never seen/played it. (not entirely true, I've now seen the developer splash screen and heard some of the sound effects. ;)

@stpat thanks for trying at least we know now :(

ruffnutts

Yeah its a fun platform beat`em up side scrolling - but 3D at the same time :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtqZl2tr_EE[/youtube]

ruffnutts

@ stpat yeah tried a few no go :(

As anyone made a skin yet - I did a background just to see how it looked but I`m not that good with images lol,
Anyone fancy making a skin for the emulator feel free :)

Just a small question. Has anyone got crash CTR to work? I tried almost all the settings with the Pal version (No EDC). I want it in Pal cause I'm Italian, maybe the EDC version would work? It crashes when loading a race.

DJRoby4 said:
Just a small question. Has anyone got crash CTR to work? I tried almost all the settings with the Pal version (No EDC). I want it in Pal cause I'm Italian, maybe the EDC version would work? It crashes when loading a race.

I will try in a bit - if someone dont beat me to it lol EDC?

The NTSC version definitely works, but I had to switch to BIOS mode.... locked up under HLE.

I haven't played it too much, but I was able to race as Crash on the track "Crash Cove" with no problems.

ruffnutts said:
DJRoby4 said:

stpat said:
The NTSC version definitely works, but I had to switch to BIOS mode.... locked up under HLE.

I haven't played it too much, but I was able to race as Crash on the track "Crash Cove" with no problems.

ruffnutts said:
DJRoby4 said:

I'm Downloading the EDC version, I also tryed the first race with crash, and it crashes. If you want an alternative it is LTR (Looney Toones Racing). Works fullspeed without frameskip and it's very, very funny!

What does EDC mean?

DJRoby4 said:
stpat said:

ruffnutts said:
DJRoby4 said:

I'm Downloading the EDC version, I also tryed the first race with crash, and it crashes. If you want an alternative it is LTR (Looney Toones Racing). Works fullspeed without frameskip and it's very, very funny!

DJRoby4 said:
It's copy protected, you need .sub or .sbi file for copy protection emulation to work.
http://redump.org/disc/798/

@ DJRoby4 it worked for me using ntsc though and the bios option 750Mhz and cd audio off and xa off

BTW it was single race only I tried...I see if I have the pal version laying around :)

notaz said:
DJRoby4 said:
It's copy protected, you need .sub or .sbi file for copy protection emulation to work.
http://redump.org/disc/798/
Thank you notaz! It finally worked! For the emu, it just needs scaling and some optimization, we are near the target (every game in fullspeed with frameskip). Keep optimizing it! You're great! :DDDDDD

ruffnutts said:
Ok but whare does it go and how do you use it :)
Put it in the isos folder (or where the game is), name with the name of the bin (or the file you have). That's alll! Just run the game now! Be sure the name of the files are exactly identic (example crash.bin and crash.sbi).
Roberto,
:D

notaz said:
I guess I will use that one for next version if you don't mind, but without PS logo as Sony gets upset pretty quickly if you use their logos.

Don't mind at all, in fact I can make another one without the PS logo.

ruffnutts said:
EDIT ok found a fault - the cut scene in the main lobby gets stuck on a loop lol,
So wanted to play this game - but having said that I can carry on playing as chris till I come across a fault
With it a......

BTW this was narmal Resident Evil Not Directos Cut.. maybe try that...hmmm
I tried RE with Jill yesterday and it all went fine, up to the point of getting a lockpick and going to blue room with a statue.
What format (bin/img?) and region (pal/ntsc?) do you guys use?

ruffnutts said:
Ok never worked for jackie chan stunt master thought that might of made the game work, so fancy a game of that lol
This one has a known problem with the recompiler (or timing, not sure).

Tried Jackie Chan no luck. Too bad looks fun and looks great. Like a 3D River city ransom :)

But a game that runs perfectly Blazing Dragons, a point n click adventure game much like Discworld and Simon the Sorcerer. Other games that run great: Civ II, Disruptor, Warcraft II. Also some racing games can benefit from lowering CPU frequency a bit

Games that that I couldt get to run. Clock Tower 1 bin NTSC crashes emulator. Clock Tower 2 hangs Caanoo loading new game. C-12 NTSC img hangs starting new game.

edit: been playing RE1 dual shock directors cut, bin NTSC. No problems with Jill so far like entering the blue door with the lockpicks. I'm now in the room with the paintings of progress of life

edit 2: you can load games from a USB stick (enable USB drive in caanoo settings) Useful since psx games take up so much space

That's awesome, I never even thought of using a USB stick for this.

mrkingoo said:
edit 2: you can load games from a USB stick (enable USB drive in caanoo settings) Useful since psx games take up so much space

Back