Pcsx Rearmed Issue

Riley2MR2

Still Fresh
Yo!

Just got my first Caanoo issue and want to ask on here to see if anyone has experienced the same thing.

I'm at the Shinra Headquarters at the moment and just met Red XIII. I've made it out of the holding cell and found everyone is dead! (oh noes!!1!)

At this point in the game, I've started to face a new enemy which I think is crashing the game. When I'm in a battle with a 'Vagrid Police' enemy (They're like a weird carrot thing with 4 arms..lol) and I defeat them...the emulator will just crash; screen goes all pixellated and stops working.

I've tried loading some past save-states (5-10 minutes before) but with no luck.

I'm currently using V12 so I guess one thing to try is V13.

One question about that before I try - Can I load the v12 savestates in v13??

Any other ideas guys...? :ph34r:

Yeah the saves are compatible between versions. If you can upload your save somewhere I could check what's causing the crash.

Really?! That'd be awesome man, thanks.

I'm at work at the moment but will re-post with a link once I've uploaded it.

Thanks again! B)

Hi Notaz
Just to let you know The game Italian Job shows no graphics during the actual driving, it works with the dynarec option on but then the game is too slow.

They are located in the .pscx folder. Did a lot of searching in Ubuntu to find them, lol^^

notaz said:
Yeah the saves are compatible between versions. If you can upload your save somewhere I could check what's causing the crash.

Uploaded!

https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/711DEuKI/dec9082f5fd3c0fb1a46d86c7fc4a4241e0faa4174803576efae30dabe9ad97ec22c784b230c06c

I'll try the new V13 but if you see anything as to why it caused the crash, please let me know. :)

Thank you! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, interesting.

Okay so with R13, I get past that savestate I uploaded.

I get to the next floor and the next battle I have..it crashes to the menu (Caanoo's, not Rearmed) but without any pixellating this time. It'll freeze for about a second and then go to the menu.

It isn't to do with the clock settings is it? I set it to 750 when playing...everything else is at default.

I did a couple of battles from that savestate and it was ok.

Riley2MR2 said:
It isn't to do with the clock settings is it? I set it to 750 when playing...everything else is at default.
Try lowering it just in case. If that doesn't help, try switching to builtin_gpu, if that helps we'll know it's a problem with GPU code.

notaz said:
I did a couple of battles from that savestate and it was ok.

Riley2MR2 said:
Try lowering it just in case. If that doesn't help, try switching to builtin_gpu, if that helps we'll know it's a problem with GPU code.

Mm, no luck. :unsure:

With the builtin_gpu it ran a little slower but now it crashes to Caanoo's menu in any battle (even without the Vagrid Police enemies present)

I also tried lowering the clock settings (ranging from 650 to 825) but with no luck, just different speeds of play.

Do you think I've set something up wrong in the Options or should the default settings work with no probs?

ok I was trying it on pandora since it's mostly the same code, but maybe it's Caanoo specific issue then, I'll try it there.

and yes default config should be good.

Thanks very much for your quick support. :)

Ahhh, the Pandora. I found out about it about a day after I purchased a Caanoo. I don't want to buy one yet or I'll feel I've wasted money heheh..

Maybe in a few months time :) :pandora2ut4:

Riley2MR2 said:
Thanks very much for your quick support. :)

Ahhh, the Pandora. I found out about it about a day after I purchased a Caanoo. I don't want to buy one yet or I'll feel I've wasted money heheh..

Maybe in a few months time :) :pandora2ut4:
Check out the yinlips looks as good as the pandora and a lot cheaper

Wow! Both of those look great. PSX emulation looks solid and just watched some N64 emulation which looks smooth too.

Do these devices work in the same way? i.e. You have to get separate emulators and roms/isos?

And who wins out of a Yinlips vs JXD-S601 fight? B)

Riley2MR2 said:
Wow! Both of those look great. PSX emulation looks solid and just watched some N64 emulation which looks smooth too.

Do these devices work in the same way? i.e. You have to get separate emulators and roms/isos?

I wanna know the winner so i can invest, woohoo I think christmas is coming super early this year haha

ronedwards said:
Riley2MR2 said:

I wanna know the winner so i can invest, woohoo I think christmas is coming super early this year haha

Same! Although I would leave it for a while to see if anything else came out after! Knowing my luck, something better would come out a day after I brought my next handheld lol.

How is your Caanoo with PSX gaming? And if not, what do you use it for? :)

ronedwards said:
ruffnutts said:
or the JXD-S601 even cheaper and android 2.3 ;)
Hello mate have you got one and are they any good.

Mines in the post, @ Riely2MR2 I like the JXD S601 Because more will run on it as it has a newer OS version,
And according to BAFelton the screen is more responsive than the Yinlips, and its cheaper so its a winner for me lol

Holy SHIT have you seen this?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIzOJycWqFs&feature=player_embedded#!

S601 playing Batman Arkham City, Assasin’s Creed Brotherhood and Fear 3!!

That's crazy if they're 55 quid...

Back