Pcsx Rearmed Issue X-Files

foleyjo

In another thread I said about problems getting X-Files to work. Well it seems I've managed it. All I needed to do was reduce the PSX CPU Clock.
I was increasing it because I thought higher number = better speed and as the FMV's were stuttering it seemed logical.
However when I have it between 0 and 20 The games FMV's run perfectly allowing me to play the game. That's with no Frameskip and Overclock 550.

Now here's the problem- When I use Builtin-GPU the colours are wrong. Greens become blue reds become green etc. It's not all the colours but it's enough to spoil the game as certain objects are hard to see.
If I use gpuPCSX4ALL.so all the colours are fine, however now the cursers don't show. Instead I get a black square with distorted pixels.

Is there anything that can be done to correct this? Is it something that may possibly be corrected in the next release (if there is a next release)?

foleyjo said:
In another thread I said about problems getting X-Files to work. Well it seems I've managed it. All I needed to do was reduce the PSX CPU Clock.
I was increasing it because I thought higher number = better speed and as the FMV's were stuttering it seemed logical.
However when I have it between 0 and 20 The games FMV's run perfectly allowing me to play the game. That's with no Frameskip and Overclock 550.

Now here's the problem- When I use Builtin-GPU the colours are wrong. Greens become blue reds become green etc. It's not all the colours but it's enough to spoil the game as certain objects are hard to see.
If I use gpuPCSX4ALL.so all the colours are fine, however now the cursers don't show. Instead I get a black square with distorted pixels.

Is there anything that can be done to correct this? Is it something that may possibly be corrected in the next release (if there is a next release)?

I have seen this in the video intro sequence on few games (I think it was a gran turismo or ridge racer video). Dropping CPU Clock will make the sound not stuttering. It's strange. The CPU must be spending time decoding the video. I'd think with lower CPU it would not stutter but the video would play slower but that's not the case. I think with low CPU you start seeing the video just not been so smooth. Less CPU is spend and there is frame skipping for the video to have proper timing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back