PCSX REAMRED

H

hakmanplayer

i got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it works and i am soooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

eboot eboot eboot eboot ebbot........g;d bless eboot!!!!!!!!

i finally [with some private help] got pcsx rearmed, legged, arse.........to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congratulations+wish+greeting+card.gif

CongratulationsAnimated.gif

i am sooooooooooooo sorry to all of you.

please try to find it in your hearts to forgive me!!!

i have an italian/irish temper....yes i blame my genes :rolleyes:

thank you Sony and Blue......you all are special to me for real.

pillars to this community!!!!

sorry i posted this in the wrong category but i was so taken away i forgot where i was!!!!

Man am i one happy man now.

WHEW ..... :D

you are a kind person,,,sorry for my words!!!

Harkman, I understand your pain. I just recently found your previous thread and while reading I wanted so much to yell "You're almost there man but the files are compressed!" Of course that would have freaked out my wife, so I just kept reading. I was glad to see you finally got it sorted out.

I had this same issue with Dreamcast many years ago. Some formats were .nrg .iso .bin/.cue and .cdi, .cdi was preferable which always made me wonder why so many disc were ripped with other formats if inevitably they had to be converted to .cdi (sometimes others worked, but it was a crap shoot) not to mention some were also .zip or .rar (at the time .rar wasn't common so it took a bit of frustration to figure that out!)

So now that you have it figured out beware that if downloading is your main way to go that some games will also end up in eboot or I believe .cso format. These are created for the PSP and I have no idea if any of them will be compatible with regular emulators. Just wanted you to know to save you further frustration.

I too did not have a PS1 and like FaeMinx (in previous thread) will be using my Pandora to experience this system for the first time. I think I will have to go the Disc ripping route just to save headaches...lol

Harkman, I understand your pain. I just recently found your previous thread and while reading I wanted so much to yell "You're almost there man but the files are compressed!" Of course that would have freaked out my wife, so I just kept reading. I was glad to see you finally got it sorted out.

I had this same issue with Dreamcast many years ago. Some formats were .nrg .iso .bin/.cue and .cdi, .cdi was preferable which always made me wonder why so many disc were ripped with other formats if inevitably they had to be converted to .cdi (sometimes others worked, but it was a crap shoot) not to mention some were also .zip or .rar (at the time .rar wasn't common so it took a bit of frustration to figure that out!)

So now that you have it figured out beware that if downloading is your main way to go that some games will also end up in eboot or I believe .cso format. These are created for the PSP and I have no idea if any of them will be compatible with regular emulators. Just wanted you to know to save you further frustration.

I too did not have a PS1 and like FaeMinx (in previous thread) will be using my Pandora to experience this system for the first time. I think I will have to go the Disc ripping route just to save headaches...lol

From what I can tell .pbp (eboot) games work for psx rearmed. However if notaz could confirm or add greater support for it that would be great!

.eboot is what worked for me....nothing else did!!

i feel like a commercial here :p

i tried all the other file names that were kindly suggested to me .cue, .bin.

All .7z and .rar files i was able to convert to .bin or .cue but would not open. There was some others but i blocked them out due to ABC/file nightmares. :blink:

The other problem was finding the right bios which Asmos helped me with.

I just could not open any games and i started trying different pnd versions and most people here said 8 was best but it did not have a bios included.

.pnd 4 had a empty bios folder which at the time, i thought was a proper one ; boy did that perplex me lil old me!!!

Thanks Poem for your kind words and empathy.

Man this was a tough one,, for me at least.

If it was not for Gotwake, i would have quit.

As i said,,, .eboot was the only file for me that worked.

I was finally able to play metal slug x and both Bloody Roars very well.

I am also downloading [successfully] many more games using eboot files only.

I really was ready to throw in the towel, although this would have haunted me every time i would have turned on my Pandora :eek:

Please Gotwake ,don't think i am a rabid fan B) but if it was not for you i would have been tortured not knowing what to do.

I am so relieved. :)

Last edited:
To clarify for anybody new who reads this, my quote above was a joke, people are just as nice over at the GP32x forums.

Cool I'm glad the eboot worked. I wonder then if the .cso's do too. I believe both of them are compressed (I know the .cso ones are) and I like to save space when possible. Of course that means I'll have to learn to rip and convert them to eboot/.cso now, but whatever works right?

Sometimes these emulator issues can be simple or very difficult, the nice thing about fighting through and succeeding when it's tough is it makes the next confusing issue easier, as you know this has happened before and once you crack that one problem, all will be well. Enjoy your Pandora a little extra for me while I wait!

As for the issue when Hakmanplayer got mad, I was waiting for the mudslinging. I'm glad we finally got past that behavior as I've seen people trashed who didn't lash out half that bad. Maybe all the recent tragedies around the globe are finally getting people to realize we all have good and bad days, even lash out in ways we are ashamed of later, but in the end, we are all just people, with our own problems and a little understanding and patience can go a long way to making things better for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallelujah!

i tried all the other file names that were kindly suggested to me .cue, .bin.

All .7z and .rar files i was able to convert to .bin or .cue but would not open.

it's not bin OR cue, this type of disc image (we call bin/cue) has to be the TWO files, a big one (.bin) AND a small one (.cue). The two files must both be together in the same place to work.

Both files should appear when the compressed image is correctly extracted with whatever program on your Mac performs this function.

If you have any compressed files (.7z .zip .rar) and cannot unpack/decompress them on your mac correctly (the right tools to do so may not be on your computer) so that all the files they contain are extracted correctly, you should put the compressed file on a USB stick and bring it to somebody with a Windows PC - extracting files like this should be something they have done many times. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Asmo,,,

Once again i cannot thank you enough for getting me close to that door!!

Those pics really sealed the deal.

Member Gotwake helped me turn that key!!

Once i found the right files to use , i was elated!!!

Actually, these games play better than i expected.

Many thanks :)

Back