PC & Dune 2 ?

patrick295767

Hello, 

I was remembering that Dune 2 was possibly quite slow on dx 486 but still playable. 

Are you too fan of these episodes Dune 1 & Dune 2?

On the Pandora? Probably it runs without any single lags. 

grtz

I think it ran okay on a pre-release prototype pandora waaay back years ago (I had a mouse plugged in via usb and did it that way.) I don't recall particualrs of performance and I didn't give it more than a few minutes.. but I imagine it wshoudl run 'okay'.

Theres also the OpenDune or whatever re-implmentation..

jeff

You can play it using DosBox or with a Dr-DOS image via Qemu - or simply use milkshakes OpenDune port

For Dune 1, I suggest using the Amiga version (awesome music) or even the SegaCD version, as that is optimized for gamepad usage and also has better music than the PC version.

I love Dune 1 :)

I am huge fan of Westwood :)

Dune 2 was very playable even on 386 but in order to play it at full speed you need 512kb VGA and 8mb ram 

There is a Dune 2 release for the SEGA Genesis which is also optimized for the SEGA gamepad but unlike the PC version the intro and the final cut scenes are removed and instead of having Heavy and Light factory, you produce your heavy and light vehicles from the same factory. The camera angle is truly top down.

Dune 2 and Herzog Zwei are still my favorite games on the Genesis.

Dune 2000 have a very good port for the original Playstation with all the cut scenes but the camera angle and some graphics are different from the PC version.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I remember that one, but I lost track of it a while ago.

It seems all dune remakers enjoy remaking the game forever.  :wacko:  

Back