Park Life

mattribute posted on May 5 2004 at 03:12 PM said:
All I want is for it to be like a magazine - with it loading a front page, then moving onto an index, with pages and desriptions.

Then, after you choose your selection, you can flick through the mag at will.

I'm surprised this hasn't made front page.

Oh well.
This is great! I read through it late last night while chilling with my gp32.

One problem was that the pages weren't in order, probably beause I unzipped straight to the SMC reader. Maybe if the United viewer sorted by filename and you named the pages 01, 02 so that 10, 11 etc. are kept in order.

I disagree with flavour, the way you have it is fine, simple is good! as long as the pages are in order it is spot on for me, and may encourage others to do their own.

hmmm, a spellchecker wouldn't go amiss though :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I planned a massive edition, with much, much more - it's probably be about 30 pages.

i wrote it all (stupidly) in Photoshop, so spellchecker wasn't available.

I guess, that way, it was easy for me to sort out the spacing and how much needed to be written.

Still, it's on course for 150 downloads, and that's without it being on the front page.

Akuma, is there any way in whih the 'new game' could be the awesomely addictive Bejeweled?

And when will it be out, abouts?

Just wait for the weekend, lad.

It may be out by sunday...

ah, and you're the one who wrote that .pdf GP magazine.

You put a lot of effort into that.

Good interview, by the way.

Gotta love the title :)

"I get up when I want, except on wednesdays when I get rudely awaken by the dustmen - Park Life!"

(Blur Fan here :p )

zip those pictures (so that you have e.g. "mag#1.zip" etc.), make the pics bigger in the y-dimension so that you could scroll down on one page.
then include some menu which lets you select a zip with pictures and maybe add support for plain .txt as well.

i know you cant code that much, but this would rock. or a .pdf-viewer. hmm.

I liked what you did with it and being able to read it on the machine was great. I think if you made it longer and a way of reading it in order it would be even better.