Pandoras At Landmarks And Famous Places

Dark Cheetah, you have to do it at 8 mile! Or better yet Exit 69 Big Beaver Road.

I spend the last four years working in Birghton and living in Ann Arbor, go for the real horror show take that shit to Flint or even the name makes me puke "Fowlerville" :)
LMAO Fowlerville has always made me laugh. Flint would be good. I was thinking of getting a picture in Cass corridor but I'm not sure I feel my Pandoras would be safe...not that I'm worried for me or anything. lol Actually I should get a pic of them on the giant fist in Detroit. All this brainstorming actually has me thinking of places in Detroit that wouldn't be that bad.

There's not a lot of famous landmarks in Edmonton Alberta :(

Dude WEST Edmonton Mall!!! HERRO! I have family out that way and I'm going in November. If you don't get to it first I'm getting a photo by the indoor submarine ride! That is pretty baller! The CN Tower is pretty cool, or just take a picture and dress the Pandora up in gloves and a hat. Edmonton is a rocking city and I love going there! You can find some good things I'm sure you know much more about it then I do. I was born there but moved away to basically San Jose CA and only went there in the summer growing up. Good Luck I totally want to see Edmonton on this tread!!

There's not a lot of famous landmarks in Edmonton Alberta :(
Saddledome, surely?

I was born there but moved away to basically San Jose CA
We should meet up sometime, I live nearby.

Also, someone needs to photograph one in front of HP Pavillion (which is famous for invariably being dormant after the second round of the playoffs :( ).

Last edited by a moderator:
My pandora has been on top of Kinder Scout in the Peak District. Is that famous enough?

I had an impromptu IT moment up there but the locals were decidedly unimpressed.

DSCF3459.JPG

Is that sheep mooning your Pandora? :blink:

Saddledome, surely?
Google informs me that the saddle dome is in Calgary and being a college student means I can't travel there.

Dude WEST Edmonton Mall!!! HERRO! I have family out that way and I'm going in November. If you don't get to it first I'm getting a photo by the indoor submarine ride! That is pretty baller! The CN Tower is pretty cool, or just take a picture and dress the Pandora up in gloves and a hat. Edmonton is a rocking city and I love going there! You can find some good things I'm sure you know much more about it then I do. I was born there but moved away to basically San Jose CA and only went there in the summer growing up. Good Luck I totally want to see Edmonton on this tread!!
I never thought of west ed. A photo in front of the roller coaster would be cool. I moved here from northern Alberta to do Computer Science at UofA so I'm not that familier with the local things.

According to wikipedia the CN tower is in Toronto Ontario, which is coincidentally where I was born.

I think we need a picture of a pandora sitting a top a pyramid.

Sorry I didn't mean the CN tower in Toronto, but I thought there was a tower on the Edmonton skyline that has the CN logo on it. I think it is next to the telus building? I could be wrong haven't been there in a while but will be out there in about a month looking forward to it except it will be way cold :(

So, I finally have something to add to this thread. :p

I was on vacation in France last week, staying in a particular rodent-related theme park (and I don't say that because of the people in mouse costumes - I say it because of the frighteningly large rats that you can see running between the tables in some of the restaurants sometimes). There wasn't the time or the space to get a photograph anywhere in the park, so I took the following picture in the hotel on my last day there;

Pandora_Opposite_Fort_Apache_at_Disneyland_Paris.png

I was lodging in a Wild West-themed hotel, thus, this is a picture of my Pandora with Fort Apache in the background. :p

I would also like to say how well my Pandora did on this trip. There was quite a lot of travelling involved, and the battery really came into its own throughout the vacation. On the last day, in particular, I had many errands to run and places to go, and the Pandora, which I had only been able to charge to 80% the night before, went for thirteen solid hours playing MP3s via Deadbeef at the standard clock speed, with the lid shut, with the battery finally dying just as I reached the car park for the hotel back in the UK. It was the first time I've ever run the battery down to 0%! I never shut it down or paused the music during any of this, by the way (there wasn't time to) - I just muted the volume control on my Sennheiser PX200-II's and put my headphones in my bag with my Pandora.

There wasn't much time for video games, but my Pandora certainly outperformed any MP3 player I've ever owned, by far. :p

There wasn't much time for video games, but my Pandora certainly outperformed any MP3 player I've ever owned, by far. :p

How many hour did it last? Most MP3 players I have owned would beat the Pandora in playing time easy, the Pandora is just not meant for that, lasting only 15-20 hours for MP3 playing is not that good. Most proper DAPs (pre - 2008/2007) will last much longer.

As I said, it went for about thirteen hours on an 80%-charged battery. :p I didn't underclock it or anything, though.

Anyhow, I wasn't just referring to how long it lasted, but the sound-quality, and general usefulness of it over past players I've owned, as well. :p

I didn't really need longer than it lasted, but I did need the other things it offered me without having to carry a separate player with worse sound-quality, too. I got a fair bit of writing done at the UK hotel yesterday, for example. :D

Well, gotta give something away for capability I guess. I remember back a few years ago I typed an essay in morse code on a iPod Nano 2g with Rockbox installed. I was on a bus and people looked at me like I was crazy clicking the clicker thousands of times.

So, I finally have something to add to this thread. :p

I was on vacation in France last week, staying in a particular rodent-related theme park (and I don't say that because of the people in mouse costumes - I say it because of the frighteningly large rats that you can see running between the tables in some of the restaurants sometimes). There wasn't the time or the space to get a photograph anywhere in the park, so I took the following picture in the hotel on my last day there;

Pandora_Opposite_Fort_Apache_at_Disneyland_Paris.png

I was lodging in a Wild West-themed hotel, thus, this is a picture of my Pandora with Fort Apache in the background. :p

I would also like to say how well my Pandora did on this trip. There was quite a lot of travelling involved, and the battery really came into its own throughout the vacation. On the last day, in particular, I had many errands to run and places to go, and the Pandora, which I had only been able to charge to 80% the night before, went for thirteen solid hours playing MP3s via Deadbeef at the standard clock speed, with the lid shut, with the battery finally dying just as I reached the car park for the hotel back in the UK. It was the first time I've ever run the battery down to 0%! I never shut it down or paused the music during any of this, by the way (there wasn't time to) - I just muted the volume control on my Sennheiser PX200-II's and put my headphones in my bag with my Pandora.

Nice view B)

Last edited:
I forgot my camera, so I just missed my chance to get a shot in a blackhawk over Kabul, Afghanistan. :blink:

Edit: Emoticon.

I luckily forgot my camera, so I didn't leak any intelligence of my whereabouts of military operations and thus, by the good grace of Zeus, I just missed my chance to get shot in a blackhawk, or the blackhawk shot down, over somewhere potentially hostile to anyone that likes shopping, in some region of occupied territory, elsewhere, repleat with allottments and rich in mineral extracts. :blink: Edit: Emoticon.

There, fixed that for you ;)

If anyone

I luckily forgot my camera, so I didn't leak any intelligence of my whereabouts of military operations and thus, by the good grace of Zeus, I just missed my chance to get shot in a blackhawk, or the blackhawk shot down, over somewhere potentially hostile to anyone that likes shopping, in some region of occupied territory, elsewhere, repleat with allottments and rich in mineral extracts. :blink: Edit: Emoticon.

There, fixed that for you ;)

I think most of the modern world knows there are blackhawks in Afghanistan. ;)

DO you remember wandering dwarf from Amelie Movie?

Amelie-Poulain-duende.jpg

its time for our pandoras go to trip around the world. Take Your own OP into the heart of the city where You living, and make a picture of it with you pandora, just like in the picture above. Then send the picture to me on PM, and i'll add it nicely to the next release of INSIDE THE BOX Issue 2. It will be fun , i must say. The more crazy picture, the better..

Back