PandoraPress.net: abandoned?

Thanks for all the news posts you guys made over there. Sad, but understandable, to see it go.

Well thanks for the initiative, but as Gruso already mentioned we called for help at least two times. Both those times people signed up, of which some actually helped, but usually we were on our own after a month or two.

Do you think this will change now?

Please, don't be mistaken, I am not trying to put the blame on anyone here. It's hard to find time to write stuff besides your daily activities and interests and priorities constantly shift. So we were really happy for all the help we got (thanks to all contributors!), heck "Game of the week" was mostly run by the community. But to maintain the blog in a proper format we need regular contributors who stick around. I could have bugged people more to remind them and get them to contribute, but really we all do this in our spare time, I don't want to chase people and be annoying, if you have fun contributing you would probably find the time to do so on your own.

Besides, there now is this: and I don't see anybody helping out there.

It's not as much fun when things start to go well I assume.
Now would be the time when maintaining such a blog is actually starting to be fun and interesting, because you get to write your own articles instead of just collecting and reposting news.

But, both Gruso and myself, burned out doing that for quite some time. Then my focus shifted to making games, I have got a lot to do in real life and don't find the time to write articles on a regular basis. So I rather write one big article every few months and contribute to ITB.

But I got that all covered in my closure statement, which I am still waiting for Gruso to correct ;)

Is it up to you to choose whether or not the blog gets "closed down"? Why not just release a statement that you're both moving on, and willing to pass on the reins to others?

I didn't see any such offer made to the community. From what I recall the blog has had some turnover in writers, some have called it quits and other people taken their place.

I'm willing to take your place, and maybe others will be willing too.

Edit: I hope I'm not coming across the wrong way, as is often the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to do tutorials, mostly aimed at helping new users understand hard topics. I haven't posted on my website since 2008 but I still get over 100 people a day visiting the site and leaving comments because of some of the tutorials on there :)

I really want to get back into bug fixing so I would probably do an article on that.

I also do reviews of games and hardware when anything interesting comes up.

Why dont You team up with Inside The Box, then
I've been thinking about that but I just find blogging easier. It's what I'm used to I guess :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad, because we're in need to get more people involved in ITB..
I'll let you know.

Like I say, there's not much point in me contributing to anything until I've actually had my hands on a Pandora and know how it all fits together. At the moment I only have second hand info to work with and that's not good when writing tutorials etc.

I agree with quatercast in some extent, we don't really have a proper solution for front page news (except for digging through forums)

Pandora Press could do exactly that. We also want to avoid the DCemu approach ;)

Contribute to ITB... it's just getting off the ground and can use all the support you can give it.

And people... you don't have to have a Pandora to contribute! There are plenty of things you can write about that are useful and do not necessitate having a Pandora to contribute.

Yeah, especially if You think about ITB as a retrogaming magazine for OP, not a strictle OpenPandora only magazine. You can write every article that could be connected with emulation / retro gaming / retro systems / open consoles..

Even if You're not so sure about Your english writing abilities, theres no problem, because we need more things than only reviews / articles. We need tips and tricks for retro games [which is easy to create] / how to's for apps [for example: installing gingerbread with android market for OP..] and news about retro scene..

I'm willing to take your place, and maybe others will be willing too.
I'd be willing to as well [...]
...but what would you want to blog about?
I have some ideas for regular columns: • Game of the week • Weekly software releases • Monthly accessory reviews • Most interesting post (a quote from this forum) Then some irregular ones • Blog posts about firmware updates • Post major news from ED or Craig I like the blog format, and not having to dig through the forums is convenient sometimes.

Why dont You team up with Inside The Box, then
Maybe I'll do both. I think I'd be more interested in blogging though, I'm not one to write long feature articles.

No, I just meant that the blog isn't as much fun when there is little to report thus few posts, they can't just keep posting that things are going well. I'd also assume fewer visitors for the same reason.

Oh, sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick there.

I have and will miss pandorapress!

Finally I gottit what happened to pandorapress! :(

I enjoyed Grusos and Foxblocks posting and comments... it was fun & informative! Well...

I hope for better times, some new place... but frankly, there are many things that are not going in this direction.

So... thanks both of you (and all other contributors)!

Back