Spread The Love

marko

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Okay everyone I have something to say.
I've been registered to these forums for a year but never felt as though I've had the need to post much. I've enjoyed reading what the talented and spirited community has to say but it's all changed in the last few months.
This place use to be buzzing with news on what Pandora could bring, what apps could be ported, what people could develop for it etc etc. Now it serves as a graveyard for everyone's hopes and dreams of Pandora.
But who has created that graveyard? Not the OP team, not the banks - it's the community.
Everyone's whinged and bleeted on every forum topic they can demanding to know every last detail on why the product has not been delivered and what the deal is with the payment crisis.
This has been a community project and with that you (us) all have to be aware and be faithful of what the OP team will deliver. Granted their is a risk to us all by handing over the cash to the guys to get this product out and how it may all go tits up and we are all £200 out of pocket.
But fuck me, imagine how unbelievably superb you are going to feel when the delivery knocks at your door to hand over a fucking Pandora! A fucking Pandora for goodness sake!!!
There is nothing like the Pandora out there and there probably never will be if we all fuck this up when we are so close. I can almost touch my Pandora but coming on these forums is crippling my spirit and makes me worry what the OP team are feeling.
Business is business and the transition from a community project to a business project can't be easy. Things happen in manufacturing and business that is difficult to control with a team of 100+ people, I know. So the fact that this project has come so far is a testament to the people involved both from the community but namely the OP team. Do you think these guys are sitting with their thumbs up their arses doing bugger all? If I had parts to assemble what could be the best and only new console of 2009 then I wouldn't be wasting much time coming onto this forum. Especially the way this community has been going on for the last while, that would break anyone's confidence and drive.
In short (I know it wasn't LOL), what I'm saying is let's have faith - faith in humanity and in OP to bring this console to fruition. No one said it would be easy but look at what Pandora can do then look around consumer electronics and tell me something else that can match it!
I for one don't want to be feeling like shit when the OP team deliver us Pandora as promised on the back of a community that has given them so much flak over the past while.

You want it, I want it - so let's get this place buzzing again and talk up the possibilites of what we will be able to do with our new Pandora's.

I agree - I wish everyone would stop being so negative about everything. One of the things that annoys me is how everyone pesters the devs for photos, videos etc when they could actually be working on the Pandora. :p

Faith?
This is no Messiah, it's a handheld.
From now on I want to be informed about every little movement. My money is still on ED's bank and I will leave it there till summer if I must. I don't care about delays. I care about how and when the delays are communicated.
Weekly updates with estimated timetables and things that still have to be done.
I've got to work now, I'm self-employed and pamper my customers if I have to.

I think everyone wouldn't be so nervous if they hadn't already paied their money for something that they should have got about the end of november.

Maybe for some people "that little money" wouldn't matter but for some they saved it to buy this thing and don't want to loose it. After all, maybe the Hardware is old and nothing special anymore when they arrive.

I'm getting a little nervous too.

Please don't get me wrong. I am very exited about whats going on and the last one who would bitch around because of the deliverydate but I#m as concerned as many of us are.

lol what I'm going to do with my Pandora?
I'm going to watch freaking video on it. My Creative Zen has been a <4-letter word of your choice here> lately [since I moved to Ubuntu] about video formats. I literally can't get anything to play on it.

The Zen supposedly accepts a wide range of formats, however it relies heavily on its Windows converter software to convert it to a WMV suitable for the player itself.

I'm having terrible luck with video editing software in Linux, so I can't create WMVs.
Luckily, the Zen also natively supports AVIs with DivX, Xvid, and MPEG4 codecs.
Not the ones that I make, but it supports somebody's Xivd and MPEG4 codecs [I can't export DivX either, I'm only using avidemux]

So when I get my Pandora, I'm going to watch videos on it without worrying about codecs and resolution and the black bars some idiot added to videos and other stuff that doesn't concern the end user.

No, I'm just going to freaking watch my videos on the handheld that actually supports them properly.
You know, from what I've heard, anyway.

I have a Zen as well and while I can get lucky with much of the old anime fansubs I have, it does suck to run into a file type that has one slight variation and have your train ride shot full of holes because it wont play. I want it for other reasons than just video. likeplaying games on a decent screen with a decent battery life and working on documents while I;m not at my computer.

I dont feel like these are things out of reach for this project concidering how long ago it's been since some people on this forum started talking about the possibility of bashing together their own portable. I laughed at first inside and said "good luck with that" because I know personally the pain of just trying to get a loose group of people together just to make a comic book, let alone something as complicated as a portable technology. Then stepped a way for a few months and when I came back it was nearly a reality and I sad "holy shit, these guys were serious!" I still think they are, and when you consider many projects dont even get half this far with an even easier goal I have to say that, despite the delays, from my perspective this project will inevitably come to fruition if it can get this far.

Honestly I think the negativity mostly comes from the new people who were clued into the Pandora from other sources rather than being exposed to it from the begining by way of the Gamepark experience like many of us were. If they had that back gorund more people would be willing to accept the delays.

EmuGuy said:
Excellent post, Marko! I can hear the triumphant music building to a crescendo...at which point, Pandora arrives on my doorstep! Cue the angel choir! :)
Lol. Yeah that's my dream.
I will post a pic of me holding my Pandora aloft whilst on my knees!
Getting really excited now. Can you feel it....can you feel it...cccaaaannnn yooouu ffeeelll it? Oh yeah!
Ala MJ!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll spread the love once we get more female posters...too much of a sausage fest here for me :D

I agree with everything this man just said.

I'm gonna go make more hearts and rainbows.

This has been said many times before, and I agree with every word of it.
Sadly, I doubt it will change anything :(

I almost entirely left these forums (for now) because I'm just tired of discussing the pandora. I just want to have it.

[infomercial]
Love spreads on smooth, thick and creamy. A perfect match for any sandwich. Try it with eggs, or dip with sausage. It even goes well on tacos and pancakes.
Fresh from the farmer, pick up your jar of Love today!
[/infomercial]

Sounds tasty. I enjoy a bit of Love dolloped on my bacon in the morning. Mmmmm tasty. I'm going to rub my Pandora down with Love until the sun goes down. Uhhh, yeaaahh.

Back