1 year and 3000 members!!!

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
It's been 1 year (and a couple of days (27th of August)) since the OpenPandora Official forum boards were opened up or created and now we have 3000 (plus a few) strong members to show just how far Pandora has come.

I'm being 100% honest when I say that this community is the single most awesome community I personally have ever come across, so I congratulate everyone here that made this all happen.

Almost 90,000 posts~ Keep up the great work, everyone~ :)

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/members/page__sort_key__members_display_name__sort_order__asc__max_results__20__sort_key__joined

29.gif
1_panlogo.png

A huge thank you to the OpenPandora Team. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations everyone! Thanks for making this such a great place to hang out.

Only 90.000 posts? Oh wow, did I really post over 1% of everything said here :blink: I should get a life :p

Jokes aside, thanks for being awesome folks.

Round of applause for all involved! I cannot repeat this enough; those behind the creation of the Pandora work hard on their own time. The software devs get just as must respect as the Major Four do. As do the users, for not only sticking around through thick and thin (mostly), but for giving the creators and maintainers of this device a reason to stick around. THIS is how you make a community.

How very much has changed in one year.

I remember being concerned about how it would work out, but it's turned out to be really nice here.

Also, SONY, those tags made me chuckle, for some reason. :lol:

If it wasn't for the people here in these forums, I would have stumbled at the first hurdles, but thanks to you guys I'm playing Quake III, Sonic CD and Metal Gear Solid, thank you all for helping me relive my childhood wherever I go :D

While it is a great milestone, it does need to be said that a large number of those users are probably here for the iCP.

On a different note, this really is a great community.

It's a shame that this community isn't anything like it should be.

Just compare this place to XDA-Developers, OpenPandora forums is a cesspit.

The majority of the users don't know anything about tech or emulation and I've seen Pinoys with better English skills.

So please, tell me how this forum is good. How is this the most 'awesome' community that you've ever come across?

--

Edit: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/user/3149-n1nj4ofshr3d/

This is your latest user, I can already tell he's going to fit right in here with your other 'quality' members.

The majority of the users don't know anything about tech or emulation and I've seen Pinoys with better English skills.

So please, tell me how this forum is good. How is this the most 'awesome' community that you've ever come across?

--

Edit: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/user/3149-n1nj4ofshr3d/

This is your latest user, I can already tell he's going to fit right in here with your other 'quality' members.
It's a bit harsh to judge an entire community after being a member for only 3 days based on the username (?) of its newest member, don't you think?

[edit]Regarding the tech remark. Do you think a community becomes good by having a homogeneous composition of equally tech-savvy people?

We have a mixture of experienced people and newbies, young and old, extremely knowledgeable technologists and people who are learning to use Linux for the first time in their life. It is an extremely diverse crowd and yet it is a welcoming community which treats each of its members with respect.

Sure, there are incidents. We also have fights, drama and disagreements. But most of the time these are resolved through friendly, interesting and respectful discussion.

[/edit]

i agree with radical, you all suck and i hate you all with a passion

--

Edit: http://boards.openpa...9-n1nj4ofshr3d/

It's a good community mainly because there aren't a lot of people like you here.

The competency of tech and emulation is higher here than in most other forums I've been on. Your competency of how emulation works, on the other hand, is a bit dubious. Would you like to explain why you think emulation of N64 is a lot harder on Pandora than PSP? I assume that's what you meant by your post, it's pretty ambiguous without context. Oh, and you can't cheat and use what I said on gp32x.

As for English literacy, many of the users here come from non-English speaking countries. Note that the Philippines ARE an English-speaking country, so your comparison to Filipinos looks a little silly.

I still gotta clean the ichor stains off my greaves, but somebody said a radical troll needs vanquishing? How much gold will I receive, and how much experience for this adventure?

Don't feed the trolls!

It hasn't been a year for me yet but it has been a good ride with you all thus far, thank you for the assistance and conversation.

Here is to many more!

Back