Pandora Wifi

t22r91s said:
Ok, i know this isn't the topic but it was mentioned... How do you spell Hello World on a calculator?
(IIRC, I haven't done this in a while) assuming you have a TI-83/83+...get an assembler (TASM is the usual one, although there are a few that claim to be better) and the standard TI include file, shove this in a text file, assemble it, sign the binary, and transfer to your calculator.
CODE
.nolist
#include "ti83plus.inc"
#define ProgStart $9D95
.list
.org ProgStart - 2
.db t2ByteTok, tAsmCmp
b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
ld hl, 0
ld (PenCol), hl
ld hl, msg
b_call(_PutS) ; Display the text
b_call(_NewLine)
ret

msg:
.db "Hello world!", 0
.end
.end

Actually I think TI-83 programs are loaded into a different address than 83+ ones, but you get the idea.

Or, you can just do CODE
Disp "Hello world!"
in TI BASIC...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I was thinking that any version of basic would have been a better example of simplistic programming compared to general programming for a calculator.

Anyways, to be back on topic..

I remember some fellows in the homebrew community figuring out a way to play Quake multiplayer via wifi on a DS & PSP using a normal desktop or laptop computer as the server. Being able to play Quake with people with other systems would be pretty cool. It would be a very interesting thing to have online multiplayer compatibility added to some of the ported games. Quake 3, Battle for Wesnoth, Armagetron Advanced, Doom, Freeciv, and The Mana World are some decent examples.

I simply drool over the idea of being able to jump into some online matches of Q3 on the go. Metroid Prime Hunters is what I've been limited to.

what about print, doesn't TI basic have print?

Anyway, PoisonedV never fails to crack me up. :)

I don't blame him for harassing someone using z at the end of words where it doesn't belong, though

Is there a word in the english language that ends with z? (you can't say warez, that's not a real word!)

bustaballs said:
Yeah. I was thinking that any version of basic would have been a better example of simplistic programming compared to general programming for a calculator.

I remember some fellows in the homebrew community figuring out a way to play Quake multiplayer via wifi on a DS & PSP using a normal desktop or laptop computer as the server. Being able to play Quake with people with other systems would be pretty cool. It would be a very interesting thing to have online multiplayer compatibility added to some of the ported games. Quake 3, Battle for Wesnoth, Armagetron Advanced, Doom, Freeciv, and The Mana World are some decent examples.

I simply drool over the idea of being able to jump into some online matches of Q3 on the go. Metroid Prime Hunters is what I've been limited to.

awesome! that would be SWeet! multiplayer quake! ill just have to wait...

M&D Cheese said:
bustaballs said:

in nearly every interview, and almost every information source, theyve talked about how quake will be ported... this is what im talking about.

PoisonedV said:
M&D Cheese said:
bustaballs said:

in nearly every interview, and almost every information source, theyve talked about how quake will be ported... this is what im talking about.

I never remember them mentioning anything other than how a quake 3 port will run fine on the system. Obviously, quake 2 is being worked on but other than that I don't remember craig or dragon or anyone else saying, "Yes, Quake 3 is being ported for sure."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGz52EIVN8s youtube video, also mentioned on the official blog. "
Quake2 running in software mode (not using the 3D hardware yet, but still pushing 60fps)."

engadget post- also sourced on a bunch of other websites http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/20/pandora...ware-linux-and/

mentioned in pocket gamer interview: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Various/Pan...news.asp?c=8667

and several prominent topics about it on these forums. this is from 10 seconds of looking at my pandora bookmarks, im sure theres more. its mentioned nearly everyone. there was nothing about quake 3 in what m&d said.

bustaballs said:
I never remember them mentioning anything other than how a quake 3 port will run fine on the system. Obviously, quake 2 is being worked on but other than that I don't remember craig or dragon or anyone else saying, "Yes, Quake 3 is being ported for sure."
I think Tom Cooksey is working on Quake 3 (unless that's since changed).

Also;

bustaballs said:
Being able to play Quake with people with other systems would be pretty cool.
+1. :D

Back